What's new

Blue Ray, amplifier, surround sound connection (1 Viewer)

Links2

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
I was given a new Sony Blue Ray player for Christmas. I currently have a Sony wireless surround system with 40" Sony Bravia LCD Television.
I am now wanting to connect the blue ray player. The manual for the BR says that I can connect the HDMI cable to the input on the amplifier, then connect another HDMI cable to the input of the TV(from the output of the amp.).
Well, that is great, only problem is I do not have an HDMI input on the amp.
I have the HDMI output from the amp to the TV, also, a DVI to HDMI from the satellite receiver to the TV. Picture is great, sound, etc.Ialso have an optical cable connected).
Anyways, now that I cannot connect an HDMI to the amplifier, how do I connect my Blue Ray and still get the sound through the amp to my speakers?

I hope this is in the correct forum, and I hope this is not just another dumb question. Part of me fears that it is.

thanks in advance

Links2

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Connect it just like you would connect a DVD. Use the optical or coaxial digital connection. You will get the same digital 5.1 sound as you would get from the DVD.

Links2

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
Thanks for your reply...question though:

What do I do with the HDMI cables?
Leave them as is, or do I have to connect the BR player to the TV?
Please, I am electronically challenged and really need to have things spelled out for me. My apologies, I do appreciate your help.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
BR->TV with HDMI.
BR->HTiB DVD/receiver combo with optical/coax if available. If need more help post exact model numbers of your equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks