What's new

International BLU-RAY DISCS FROM GERMANY (1 Viewer)

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Bumping this great thread, which has been sitting dormant for two years.

Amazon.de no longer ships discs to Australia, and I’m very keen to get my hands on several German releases - especially The Alamo Blu ray re-release due in September.

Grateful for links to any other suppliers who ship German discs internationally.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Try JPC. They sell music, movies and books worldwide
Thank you, Frank.

I just created a new customer account there. Easy site to navigate and it has a prominent switch to English option.

Shipping prices to Australia are very reasonable and there’s a good selection of films, with sensible search and filter options.

Alas, no Alamo pre-order there yet, but I’ll keep looking.

Thanks again!

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Frank.

I just created a new customer account there. Easy site to navigate and it has a prominent switch to English option.

Shipping prices to Australia are very reasonable and there’s a good selection of films, with sensible search and filter options.

Alas, no Alamo pre-order there yet, but I’ll keep looking.

Thanks again!

Hi Ramin, if you are into those movies, too check out the thread about historical epics again.
Several German releases have been posted in the last days.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Hi Ramin, if you are into those movies, too check out the thread about historical epics again.
Several German releases have been posted in the last days.
Thanks very much for that alert, Oliver.

I don’t recall seeing that thread. Could you please provide a link? I’m very interested.

The search I did for ‘historical epics’ brought up Camp Classics 4 :)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Thanks very much for that alert, Oliver.

I don’t recall seeing that thread. Could you please provide a link? I’m very interested.

The search I did for ‘historical epics’ brought up Camp Classics 4 :)

Sorry, wrong thread title :)

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Just received the Filmjuwelen blu of the 1966 Eurospy entry Kiss the Girls and Make Them Die (under the title "Unser Mann in Rio"), starring a pre-Mannix Mike Connors. It looks great -- though, like many German blu rays, it seems a slightly darker hue than you might expect. Anyway, the picture and audio are a ginormous improvement over any boot you've seen on this title.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
great news about JPC. I wonder if the German Blu ray of Liberty Vallance is better than the heavily criticised over-cleaned US version. If it is, I might go there...
I have both discs, they're the same.

1654649245487.png

1654649262724.png

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Thanks to Amazon I ordered SITTING BULL on Friday and it arrived on Sunday!

It's a rather slow-going lacklustre western until the last 40 minutes or so, during which the Battle of the Little Bighorn takes place - a long action sequence which is very well handled. Indeed much of the preceding film is just padding for the climactic fight. I realise why I enjoyed the film so much as a child because that final fight is surprisingly savage!

Clearly not much work has gone into the transfer because picture quality is disappointing - frankly it's not a lot better than watching a DVD. For some reason the main title is windowboxed at a ratio of 2.35:1 (the ratio as stated on the box) although after the titles the film is in a ratio of 2.55:1, which would be correct for early CinemaScope.

The disc includes the original English language theatrical trailer and an excellent, extensive Gallery of stills, posters, press books etc.

Saw this was on YouTube (2.35 see below), tubi (1.33 and blurry), and of course not 4.0 stereo sound.

1706985765357.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks