What's new

Blocky Video with Samsung DLP (1 Viewer)

LarryR

Agent
Dan,
I think I am correct, but not sure, but you cannot turn off the DNIe feature. You can do a demo to show you what happens because of it, but there is no technique or control to turn it off. The demo mode is just that...a demo.

Larry

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure you can turn off DNIe on the new HLS models. The HLR series, however, had to be handled through the service menu.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Warning!!! Never go into the Service Menu if you do not know what you are doing. You can ROYALLY screw up your picture and (I assume) your set. It has been widely discussed over on the AVS thread for the HLR series. Very informative... One great piece of advice is to take a photo of each screen BEFORE you make ANY changes.The benefits of removing the DNIE feature have not been as great as everyone would be led to believe. This also has been widely discussed.
1. Enter the service menu by pressing "mute, 1, 8, 2, power" within a second of one another while the TV is turned off.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Kevin G. is totally right about not messing with the service menu. I didn't mean to sound so cavalier about it. And, after doing some research (try 50 pages of a thread on one DVD player on the AVS forum!) on the Oppo 970, it's apparently a good match with the Samsung DLPs. The 971 is supposed to be okay if the TV is expertly calibrated (though some still beg to differ), but the 970 -- which doesn't have the Faroudja's premium interlacer -- works okay. I'll find out soon-- I think I'm buying one of these!

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Hey Mike,
Let me know how it goes...I have been itching to pull the trigger for a few months. I too have been pouring over page after page at AVS on the OPPO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks