What's new

Blade Runner 25th Anniversary & Kubrick Collection Advertising Insert (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I'll be glad to have the international cut (I do have it on laserdisc), with the voiceover and violence that was delted from the domestic release.

For me the voiceover makes it like an old detective flick. The fact that Ford sounds less than enthused actually adds to the character for me. It's like he was the precursor to David Duchovny's Fox Mulder.

I want to see the new, true Director's Cut though and the "infamous" workprint version I knew nothing about, but Scott's Director's Cuts don't always do anything for me. Legend made me shudder. Somebody shoot her! Stop her singing! Will this movie just end already?!

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins

I concur. Barry Lyndon is arguably his greatest achievement. Did this run on HD-Net Movies? I remember the others but I don't ever recall BL being shown. Perhaps I missed it.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
BL was shown on HD NET movies a few months ago. It only aired once or twice.

It did look splendid.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins

Really? I'm really sad that I missed that. Especially since it looks like a BD release isn't in the near future. Hopefully, Sony will release Dr. Strangelove simultaneously with the others.

Was Barry Lyndon shown 1.77 like the others?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks