Blade Runner 25th Anniversary & Kubrick Collection Advertising Insert

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Jon Moss, May 16, 2007.

1. Jon Moss

Jon Moss Stunt Coordinator

I've mentioned this in the recent 2001 - A Space Odyssey on HD-DVD discussion thread, but thought it was important enough to do a separate post, for those who are interested & may have missed it.

This flyer was included in my Ultimate Matrix HD-DVD Boxset;

[​IMG][​IMG]

It's good to see a date in print for the Blade Runner HD-DVD [​IMG] I only hope Warner can stick to it. I remember the early flyers included in the first HD-DVD releases that touted Harry Potter as coming in Summer 2006. Unfortunately, you guys in the US are still waiting..

As for the Kubrick collection, hopefully the Full Metal Jacket release is remastered, as the current HD-DVD is well known for it's problematic transfer. Fingers crossed too that Eyes Wide Shut is the unrated version.

Personally I can't wait for all these. It seems the whole year is shaping up to be a costly one for us HD nuts!

2. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

The more I hear regarding the Q4 HD releases, the more I'm starting to think the guys that sold off all their SD DVDs aren't nuts. Not only is going back to SD a let down, but, damn it, I'm going to need to free up some cash to afford all of this! [​IMG]

3. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

Well I responded about this in the Kubrick thread already but...............Blade Runner in October! A Kubrick Christmas?! Woo Hoo! Bring 'em on! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Jim_E

Jim_E Stunt Coordinator

Interesting that the Blade Runner Ad only mentions HD-DVD, whereas the Kubrick one mentions both. I know Warner said they'd release Blade Runner on both - I hope for the BD people it isn't delayed until the issues with the interactive features are ironed out.

5. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Don't count on it. Unless BD Java is sorted out well before October, a BD release may not happen for some time.

6. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

The link at the bits doesn't work anymore, but I think the Blade Runner set was like $100. But I think that was Australian dollars if that helps.

I just remember it registered as a lot. I want all the cuts, but I'll sure be shopping for specials. And I don't doubt it will be a longer wait for BD. More time to save the money I guess.

7. ppltd

ppltd Producer

These are great movies and it is good to see release dates posted with them. Can't wait.

Not me. I have had the EU version of for nearly 9 months. It is a great release.

8. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S

Very excited about the Kubrick releases but there's no way I'm buying Eyes Wide Shut if it's the rated/edited/whatever release.

9. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Very disappointed that the upcoming Kubrick Collection doesn't appear to include Barry Lyndon. The current 1.66:1 transfer is beautiful - but NOT anamorphic, and as such is perhaps most in need of an upgrade.

10. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Blade Runner! Very cool news. [​IMG]

11. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    Eyes Wide Shut will be unrated/uncensored. WB already promised that, and they're pretty good in coming through on such promises.

Here's hoping that 1) the Stanley Kubrick: A Life In Pictures doc is on one of the discs, and that 2) Lolita and Barry Lyndon are not far behind as they will apparently be the only remaining WB owned Kubrick films not on HD/BD.

12. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Either way, both formats are going to have some great titles released in 4th qtr.

13. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I agree. I have about 75 that need to be unloaded.

14. Harminder

Harminder Second Unit

BLADE RUNNER and A CLOCKWORK ORANGE and 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY? OH MY!

I simply can't wait for Oct. to come sooner!

15. ppltd

ppltd Producer

I hope Blade Runner is the director's cut, without Harrison Ford's voice over.

16. BrettGallman

BrettGallman Screenwriter

I'm sure the Blade Runner release will be the same as the SD set, which is going to include all of the existing cuts and the upcoming final cut.

17. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S

Was this promised in the HTF chat from a couple months ago? Because now that I think about it I vaguely recall them saying it would be unedited.

18. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

2001 on Blu Ray
    and finally getting to see Eyes Wide Shut as it was intended (for me, at all)
    HOT.

19. Mike.B

Mike.B Stunt Coordinator

I was under that impression as well. Hopefully (wish there was a "fingers crossed" smilie).

20. Juan C

Juan C Second Unit

Good news all around.

WRT Kubrick, it will be interesting to see what aspect ratios will be used on The Shining and Eyes Wide Shut.