What's new

Binding Posts and Raw Wire?? (1 Viewer)

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
I have a Klipsch Center Speaker RC 7. I has two sets of binding posts. I have recently purchased a new receiver, but it does not have dual binding post for connection. In the past, I simply put both sets of wires in the center channel speaker. However this time, I am using banana plugs for connection. My questions is, can I put both the bare wire and banana plugs in at the same time? I'm wondering if the connection wont be good enough for the banana plugs once the wires are clamped down. I would just use one set, but I cannot find the bridge between the two anymore, and I assume the center channel will not work properly with out it, Any suggestions?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Those are bi-wire/amp connections. There should be a metal strap between each pair that connects them together. Then you just connect your speaker wire to either set. If the strap (called a “jumper”) is missing, then we need to address what to use in place of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks