What's new

Bijou or Rane equalizers/set-up ? (1 Viewer)

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I am thinking about the Bijou 7.1 HT equalizer and was wondering if it is hard to set these up correctly? I have read that if you don't know what you're doing you can end up with your system sounding worse! Could a lay person such as my self set up the Bijou? Thanks.
------------------

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Steve,
Setting up sophisticated equalizers like the Bijou is not a task for the faint of heart. It takes some test equipment as well as a trained ear and much patience to successfully “fine tune” an equalizer of this caliber. Yes, you can indeed make things worse, but since you have knowledgeable friends here, that won’t happen ! :)
First, this equalizer will not work with your system unless you have outboard amplification all the way around, or a receiver with pre-out and main-jacks for all channels.
For testing, you will need a signal source, probably a test CD, that has pink noise or sine wave tones calibrated in at least 1/6 octave increments. You will also need a SPL meter to help you plot your room response.
If you think your game for this, get back with us after you make your purchase, and you can get advice for your specific situation.
Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
------------------
My Equipment List

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks