What's new

Bewitched Season 8? (2 Viewers)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I don't think she did either, but my friend grew up during the 60s and 70s and she said that Liz had the look during the last two seasons. She said she could tell by the way she kept sniffing and rubbing her nose. I told her it could be nerves or allergies. So I didn't take to much into what Linda (my friend) told me. I just wanted to ask because I wanted to prove a point that she didn't. Did Liz smoke throughout her life? I know it's a tough habit to quit. /img/vbsmilies/htf/confused.gif Thank you for all the answers as it is fascinating to learn so much on here.

Larry Tate

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry Tate
Originally Posted by Jdcrackers /img/forum/go_quote.gif">
I don't think she did either, but my friend grew up during the 60s and 70s and she said that Liz had the look during the last two seasons. She said she could tell by the way she kept sniffing and rubbing her nose. I told her it could be nerves or allergies. So I didn't take to much into what Linda (my friend) told me. I just wanted to ask because I wanted to prove a point that she didn't. Did Liz smoke throughout her life? I know it's a tough habit to quit.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Thanks because I suffer from allergies too and people have often asked me that too. Linda said that she could tell and I told he she may have been allergic to something in season 7 I noticed Liz was touching that troll I believe it's "Sam and the Troll" The fur on that may have made her allergies react. Have you heard anything about the box set? I would say in the next few weeks we should hear something if it is going to be released for the Holidays! I can not wait

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

+1 on the allergies. Been there but it's a lot better in later years for me.

Box set: I have all of the season releases so I'll be passing on any box set for now. But it should make a great addition to those that didn't buy the previously released season sets. I haven't kept up with any rumors or news about any extras in the box set.

I also have that Tabitha season set. I know that the show was not a ratings hit and was cancelled after 1 season but I thought that Lisa Hartman played the part well.

Larry Tate

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry Tate
Originally Posted by Jdcrackers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks because I suffer from allergies too and people have often asked me that too. Linda said that she could tell and I told he she may have been allergic to something in season 7 I noticed Liz was touching that troll I believe it's "Sam and the Troll" The fur on that may have made her allergies react. Have you heard anything about the box set? I would say in the next few weeks we should hear something if it is going to be released for the Holidays! I can not wait
Liz was also allergic to Furs so any she wore such as at the Victor/Victoria Premiere of which i have several photos of were fake fur.
There is no way that any conclusion your friend came too just from watching her on screen would have a shred of credibility.
Nothing on the box set, but assuming you have all the seasons sets why would one be so anxious about a box set that would just be a rehash of what they already have.
There is no likelyhood in my view of any Vintage extras, maybe a few recent creations so therefore in my mind nothing of real value.
Larry Tate :)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
The reason I am so anxious for the boxset is because I am one of these people intrigued by art and design and I can't wait to see what Sony is going to with it like they did the bottle for IDOJ. I will buy it and give my mum my seasons 1-8 because she loved the show since she grew up with it. However, I won't buy the fan favourites...i just thought it was going to be about 10 episodes varying throughout the entire series not just from season 2.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
It looks like the French people are going to get the Complete Series before we do according to this site:
http://www.dvdseries.net/dvd-8489-Ma-sorcière-bien-aimée-L'intégrale.html
It will have 34 discs running 6350 minutes total (which equals about 25 minutes per episode). There is no mention of any extras and the release date is in just a couple weeks on October 6, 2009.
Here is a pic of the cover art...I can only assume that DY's picture would be on the other side.
3937819361_4b742de913.jpg

I hope we get a complete collection, but only if it contains some new items that weren't previously released, even more so that the few episodes that had problems are fixed.http://www.dvdseries.net/images/dvd/1252164193-tinyfromhd-ma_sorciere_bien_aimee_integrale.jpg

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Indeed, David. Amazon.fr is now selling this box set with a price tag of 110 [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]€ which means around $162 US dollar. Although they announce october 7 for the release date, I wouldn't be surprise that the region 1 box set would be out around that same time. I'm also surprised by the choice of Dick Sargent, in front of the box.

www.amazon.fr/Ma-sorci%C3%A8re-bien-aim%C3%A9e-lint%C3%A9grale/dp/B002KMW74I/ref=sr_1_2[/COLOR]

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Interesting. Since the French dvd sets had 34 discs, same as the British versions and unlike ours which had 33, that means they're not getting any bonus disc. Weird. The British boxset lists 35 discs, which would then include one bonus disc.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
The UK Complete Set listed on Amazon.Co.Uk now has pictures. It looks very similar to the Japanese boxed set. It says there is a bonus disc which most likely contains the special features listed at Sony.Co.Uk which are probably the three last items as the first two appeared on Seasons 1 and 2 all ready:

• Bloopers: Magic and Mishaps
  • Featurette: Magic Unveiled
  • A Walk Down Memory Lane with Erin Murphy
  • The Bewitching Guest Stars
  • Goofs and Gags

I don't know that would be enough for me to repurchase the whole series, though I'd definitely like to see those things. It is listed to be released on November 2, 2009.

The other thing is that in the description on the back, if you zoom in, it doesn't mention anything about Dick York having played Darrin

In regards to the US set, if Sony USA does in fact release a Complete Series set in time for Christmas, and let's say it's released the Tuesday before Christmas, than the announcement would be around October 12 because they usually announce 70 days before hand.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Originally Posted by David*P /forum/thread/283275/bewitched-season-8/330#post_3609220

The other thing is that in the description on the back, if you zoom in, it doesn't mention anything about Dick York having played Darrin/img/vbsmilies/htf/confused.gif
Even stranger, it says Agnes Moorehead plays Samantha's "nightmare mother-in-law."!!! ???/img/vbsmilies/htf/rolleyes.gif

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I have a feeling that the box-set will be out before Twenty Ten. I would say it will be revealed in the next few weeks... Isn't Bernard Fox the only surviving adult cast member? What ever happened to the twins that play Adam? I hope they include something on the Darrin Switch, A Bio on Liz, the Tabitha Series and maybe more. I hope they don't include that mockery of that horrible movie (No offense to anyone) But that was the worst attempt to make a movie. Liz would have been horrified.

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
Originally Posted by JohnMor /forum/thread/283275/bewitched-season-8/240#post_3589486
While that true to an extant, if you are going to take such a "serious" take on the situation, you could make the completely opposite argument: if her family loved her, they would have respected her choice and accepted Darrin. Darrin may have had a big mouth, but he never crossed the line into violating anyone, which cannot be said for Samantha's family. They totally violated him right and left and turned him into animals and inanimate objects and put spells on him forcing him to do things against his will. (Which could be viewed as a non-sexual form of rape: denyng him his right of free choice.) It seems to me they abused their power over him not unlike someone with bigger muscles or a weapon would do. Who were the biggest abusers?
Edited by JohnMor - 7/27/2009 at 07:18 pm GMT
Edited by JohnMor - 7/27/2009 at 09:12 pm GMT
If Darrin truly loved his wife, he would have realized that they are somewhat off the wall and eccentric, and would have tried to chill out, calm down, and just go along for the ride. Unfortunately, Darrin is like most men of this era-just too interested in advancing at his job (writing and creating ads!) and grabbing for the brass ring of life, and so anything that interrupts or disrupts that is to be yelled at and screamed at. The real truth about this show is that Samantha married a boring silly mortal who is just stifling what she is as a person to fit into normal life. Meanwhile, her mom is enjoying all that the '60's had to offer (check out the episode where she says that she was enjoying what a sultan had in his bong!) and Sam is stuck with a big old boor of a husband more obsessed with how his next advertising account will turn out.
If I were Sam, I would take off from Dumbass (Darrin) grab the kids, and enjoy what her powers can give her, like her mom obviously does and her sister does as well. In fact, I'd end the series that way, too.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Just wanted to make all you BW fans aware of the BW FanFare gathering next month in Los Angeles/Burbank where we will be taking a trip to the Warner Bros Ranch so you can see 1164 up close and personal. But the best part is that there are going to be BW guest stars there including Heather Woodruff-Perry who played Durwood's Betty in three season three episodes, Ron Masak who played Buck the Manager in "Samantha's Power Failure", Irving Bates in "Just a Kid Again" and a police officer in some Salem episodes and the biggest guest star of all, Bernard Fox aka Dr. Bombay!!

You can find out more information at www.bewitchedfanfareonline.com
Previous Fanfare's have been awesome so don't let this opportunity to meet other BW fans and BW guest stars pass you up!

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I was reading that they did not film for the 9th season because Liz wanted to move on to something else, her marriage was failing and she had an affair with another person who worked on Bewitched.

I like Season 8, they had too many repetive episodes took from the first few seasons of Bewitched. Too many repeats! I think that would have not been good to do season 9 if they were going to do more repeat episodes. There are still at least 8-10+ good episodes on the season to want to buy the set tho. I mean I bought all the seasons, each as they were released. I have now watched all the episodes over and over again at least 5+ times. I always liked the 1st Gladys Kravitz, I missed her when she got cancer and was off the show and then when the actor who played Aunt Clara died also after the 5th season she was missed. Her names on the tip of my tongue)...

With her husband Asher she had 3 kids with him, she always wanted a big family. The first child before Bewitched and the other 2 children were filmed into Bewitched. That is why she was pregnant on the show, because she was in real life.. I heard that Elizabeth Montgomery dated cooky and weird men. Don't know if this is true, but know most of them were UGLY... I also heard she was also a very nice person. She would have been a pleasure to meet.

Did any of you guys know that DICK SEARGENT aka second Darrin was gay. - He came out in public in the early 90's shortly before his death and went and attend the parade, etc because he wanted that to be accepted all around. I read that Elizabeth also helped him (they had always been friends. The reason I mention all these fact I just wrote over the past paragraphs is because they are interesting true facts. Elizabeth is such a great person. I am still on one on of my books, and it is a wonderful read. Liz fans will enjoy the books and DVD's!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Originally Posted by Sky Captain
If Darrin truly loved his wife, he would have realized that they are somewhat off the wall and eccentric, and would have tried to chill out, calm down, and just go along for the ride.
Seems to me though that most often, what we see is Endora, refusing to accept the fact that her daughter loves a mortal, and who then goes out of her way to try and bust up her daughter's marriage through repetitive gimmicks of "teach him a lesson" that come out of a total sense of pure spiteful mean-spiritedness that IMO makes Endora the ultimate definition of what a shrew is. And to me, the real failure of "Bewitched" is how amazingly Sam never once seemed to have the guts to say, "Mother, butt out of my life!" or give Endora some much needed comeuppance for her own actions.

An Endora-free episode of "Bewitched" is usually much better than one with her from my standpoint since it fell into an eight year repetitive cliche from the get-go and wore thin after awhile (and I will also confess that the "Durwood" bit ranks as the unfunniest repetitive gag in the history of television).

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Endora doesn't usually instigate things, it's nearly always Darrin that is greeting her with an insult in the morning, refusing to let Tabitha learn any witchcraft at a young age even though she's a witch and should have the right to be prepared for later in life if she decides to live the life of a mortal or a witch, and Darrin refusing to even accept things like gifts from Endora.

He not only refuses gifts from her and the others when they're trying to patch things up with him, but often does for Tabitha too even though they're witches and obviously aren't going to get a job and make money to buy something made in a factory. He won't even let Tabitha go with Endora anywhere because he's so narrow minded that he won't allow any witchcraft to be used.

Sorry, but Darrin is the creep and nearly always the instigator. Especially as played by Dick Sargent when the writers ramped up the attitude problem another couple of notches. The first Darren (Dick York) is almost never even nice to Aunt Clara who is always on their side and loves them both and wants to be helpful (And when he is, it's reluctant at best after Samantha has to lecture him). And Darrin is never nice to Esmeralda who never did anything to him and is always there to help babysit at a moments notice, or Dr. Bombay that is only there to help despite living a busy life and always being pulled away due to Samantha's medical problems and having to endure Darrin's attitude all the while that he is there.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Given all the abuse Darrin gets subjected to from his spiteful, shrewish mother-in-law, it's a wonder he still lets his love for Sam carry the day to stick with her.

I despise the character of Endora on all level because she is the real bigot on the show, not Darrin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks