What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Bewitched Season 5? (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
The release is scheduled for July 10th. No amount of calling is going to change that. Chill out already. What is the absolute panic about Season 5????

My contact at Sony just emailed me 16 alternate versions of the cover art that they're working on for it. Very interesting to see the different concepts that get considered.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
No panic just curious... I wonder what color they will do Season 5 box set. They have green, red, purple, and blue as colors allready, they may do pink which would be an obvious color or maybe yellow. I can't wait to see the cover art for this set, keep us posted. Thanx, Brandy

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

My vote is yellow, and hopefully a toned-down yellow at that. Kind of like one of the Magnum sets or the only season of ``Joey'' to be released thus far.

:)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I wish I could post some of the pics, but I might get my contact in trouble. The vast majority of them are a bright orange/yellowish. One is orange/lime green which actually looks good (very '60s), except for the pics they chose for that one. Again, the main pics of Liz are NOT very flattering. Some of them use a 5th season promo still some of you might have seen with Liz holding a big mesh bag with Dick York sitting in it. It's a cute pic, but I don't think it makes a great cover.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I've always said, as long as the remastered, uncut episodes are there they could put it in a plain brown box for all I care.

Not that I don't mind a good looking package design but that is the frosting on the cake I really want: the shows.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

We'll just have to wait until the official or unofficial cover art starts circulating, of course, after the set is either unofficially confirmed or officially announced!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
John, I suppose your contact doesn't have any input into the design of the boxes? Because they definitely need to know that the pictures they have been using are just not up to par.

I'm getting antsy for Season 5 as well but that's only cause I thought we would have it this month...but I suppose I can wait til July...cause I'll have to! LOL

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
In my anxiousness for Season 5 to be announced (though I know that probably won't be until May) I thought I would post the list of episodes that have never been released on video before, which means possibly seeing "new" scenes!

143. Samantha on the Keyboard
146. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
150. Samantha Loses Her Voice
151. I Don’t Want to be a Toad
153. Instant Courtesy
154. Samantha’s Super Maid
157. One Touch of Midas
158. Samantha, the Bard
159. Samantha, the Sculptress
160. Mrs. Stephens, Where Are You?
162. Going Ape
163. Tabitha’s Weekend
166. Samantha Twitches for UNICEF
167. Daddy Does His Thing
169. Samantha’s Shopping Spree
170. Samantha and Darrin in Mexico City

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Season 5 has just been confirmed for a *UK* release on 12th August, so expect an announcement for the US very soon!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Not real fond of that cover. Oh well, at least this time all the pics are from the correct season. And it's the episodes that matter, anyway.

I just hope the eps look and sound as good as the other seasons. The last season of I Dream of Jeannie was pretty bad audio/video-wise.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
On the whole, Bewitched has been of better quality than the Jeannie releases. Even the colorization was better in Bewitched (by FAR). Some of the early colorized Bewitcheds were among the best colorizations I've ever seen. Jeannie's looked like someone took a magic marker over everything--look at the strange eyes on everybody. Bewitched's are almost realistic.

I don't like the cover for Season 5 much either; I do think Liz's expression is funny; it's very unusual for cover art and maybe it'll attract attention. I don't like the pic of Agnes Moorehead, though, at all. That's one of the least flattering pics I've ever seen of her. I also think Dick York deserves to be more prominent for a change, especially considering it was his last season.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Remember, the TVShowsOnDVD article said the cover art isn't final and may be subject to change...but I'm just glad it's coming out... :)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Thanks Ethan! I got both versions of BW, but only the b&w one of IDOJ. I've been toying with the idea of buying the colorized one, but you just saved me some hard earned $. Thanks!

And I couldn't agree more about DY deserving more prominent display. The cover art on this whole series has been pretty poor, especially compared to the Japanese dvds. But at least the audio-video has been the best I've seen from Sony on their TV releases. That's the most important thing.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'm all right with the cover art considering they got all the pics from the Fifth Season. I've never seen that picture of EM and like someone said on the Harpies board, it looks like she's shocked that it's all ready come to the last season with DY.

I'm just REALLY hoping that the two-parter "Serena Strikes Again" isn't messed up like the Ben Franklin episodes were!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
The pic of Liz is a blowup of her face from a publicity still of her and Dick York, which they used in full on this alternate version of the cover art, which I like a little better. I like the pic of DY and Erin better on this cover, plus the fact that DY is featured along with EM in the main photo. This still isn't my favorite of the alternates my Sony contact sent me, but of the ones using that pic of EM, I prefer this one.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Thanks for posting that, John. I agree that the pic of Durwood and Tabitha is much better and I do like this pose but as the other covers have used just a close up of EM I guess that's what they wanted.

Would you be able to post the other alternates? Pretty please?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks