What's new

Best 3D glasses for a Panasonic ST50? (1 Viewer)

homeaudio

Grip
Real Name
vicky
Does anyone have any suggestions for the best 3D glasses for the Panasonic ST50? I've read reviews on Panasonic glasses, 3Active, SainSonic and Sony PS3, but still not sure. Anyone have experience? Please advise.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I needed to buy more pairs for mine, I have a set that came with my projector (JVC) and a set that came with the Panasonic, which I thought I would only need two of. But I have found the kids flock to the bedroom to watch whenever, so having extra pairs was a smart buy. I went with the 3Active for a couple of reasons: (1) I didn't like the watch battery system on the Panasonic (2) these recharge pretty quickly (3) I like the design; by putting a seeming "block" to the side of the glasses, you let in a lot less stray light and contain your periphery vision. I found that last bit to make watching 3D much more enjoyable.

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Check the specifications of your projector or TV. Panasonic and Sony do not have the same shutter rate for their 3d images, the glasses are not interchangable. At least, they aren't with my set ups. I have a Sony flat screen in my living room and a Panasonic 7000 projector in my theater, and have to use separate glasses for 3d viewing. Your manual should tell you someplace what the specifications are.

homeaudio

Grip
Real Name
vicky
one of my friend recommend that i should buy a universal 3D glasses, I do have found one from sainsonic(http://www.sainsonic.com/3d-active-glasses/3d-active-glasses-for-tv/sainsonic-ir-3d-rechargeable-active-shutter-glasses-for-panasonic-sharp-samsung-sony-tvs.html)

And also I note that this is another type of passive universal 3D glasses for my TV (http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Glasses-for-3D-Passive-Samsung-LG-Panasonic-Sony-TVs-Monitor-Passive-/221247714411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338364346b)

I just get comfused, what is the difference betweeen the passive and active 3D glasses

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Passive are, well...passive. There are no passive plasma 3d, so you can totally forget they exist.Again, read your manual. It tells you what to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks