What's new

Beginner needs advice which is better Denon 1513, 1613 or pioneer vx527 (1 Viewer)

happy

Auditioning
Real Name
tim
hi
Decided on getting a klipsch quintet sat pack & a velodyne eq max sub but unsure which would be the best reciever on my low budget.
Heard yamaha wont go aswell with klipsch because both have a high freq sound & may be too much together.
Also heard that the pioneer 527 doesnt have very good bass & a bad remote & GUI.
Any advice between the denons, pioneer or yamaha 473 which are at my price range.
Thanks all

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Not sure where you heard "horn and Yamaha don't go together"....but...
What are your needs?
Front HDMI?
Networking?
Front USB?
Front 3.5mm?
Do you want some form of room correction?

happy

Auditioning
Real Name
tim
Front usb would be good for ipod but not worried about anything else just which would sound the best with my setup.
The pioneer is the better deal for the price. the denon 1613 is about $200 more & the yam 473 & denon 1513 about $20 cheper than the pioneer 527.
But its which that would match up better.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
All of them "match up".
You buy your AVR based on the features/cost ratio. I doubt you could tell a difference between a 70wpc Denon and a 110wpc Elite. Especially considering how efficient those Klipsch are, combined with the fact you'll be setting the crossover around 120hz.
The more efficient(which a speaker that tiny at 91db efficiency is unreal. Most speakers that size are 85db and under) the speaker, the less power you need. If you are ever rockin' more than 20wpc...I'll be shocked.

happy

Auditioning
Real Name
tim
Thanks very much understand things much better now Much appreciated.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The Denon 1513 doesn't include Audyssey automatic setup and eq so bounce it off your list. I don't care for any brands bottom feeder. The next step up doesn't cost that much more but has a lot more to offer so between those three it's the 1613 without question. As Sam said, wattage figures, especially with effecient speakers, are pretty meaningless. Besides, they're all in-accurate. The 1613 has a lot more to offer compared to those other two.
You mention the Pioneer 527. Are you in Australia?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks