SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: Beauty and the Beast

Tagline: Be our guest.

Genre: Family, Fantasy, Romance

Director: Bill Condon

Cast: Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Luke Evans, Josh Gad, Kevin Kline, Hattie Morahan, Haydn Gwynne, Gerard Horan, Ray Fearon, Ewan McGregor, Ian McKellen, Emma Thompson, Nathan Mack, Audra McDonald, Stanley Tucci, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Clive Rowe, Thomas Padden, Rita Davies, D.J. Bailey, Adrian Schiller, Harriet Jones, Adam Mitchell, Tom Turner, Michael Jibson, Zoe Rainey, Daisy Duczmal, Jolyon Coy, Jimmy Johnston, Dean Street, Alexis Loizon, Sophie Reid, Rafaëlle Cohen, Carla Nella, Obioma Ugoala, Lynne Wilmot, Jane Fowler, Alison Harding, Chris Andrew Mellon, Jemma Alexander, Sandy Strallen, Dale Branston, Daniel Ioannou, Peter Challis, Wendy Baldock, Norma Atallah, Leo Andrew, Steven Butler, Sharon Gomez, Jacqui Jameson, Vivien Parry, Simone Sault, Beth Willetts, Mandy Montanez, Tom Oakley, William Bozier, Jak Allen-Anderson, Phil Grannel, Freddie August, Nicola Keen, Ebony Molina, Alison Jenkins, Ellen O'Grady, Dawn Buckland, Rebecca Mckinnis, Jody Hall, Ben Fox, Nathan Vaughan Harris, Tim Stanley, Ben Clare, Marina Abdeen, Danielle Acors, Hayley Ainsley, Rhianne Alleyn, Gabby Antrobus, Sophie Atkins, Koko Basigara, Holly Bluett, Daisy Boyles, Ava Brennan, Sophia Brown, Sophie Carmen-Jones, Cassie Clare, Tanya Cumberland, Natalie Davis, Paige Drury-Lawrence, Stephanie Elstob, Cordelia Farnworth, Cj Field, Lily Frazer, Lucy Alexa Gilbert, Helen Gulstan, Selina Hamilton, Leah Hill, Abigayle Honeywill, Chelsea Inez, Blythe Jandoo, Shireen Jathoonia, Billie Kay-Piper, Hannah Kenna-Thomas, Ella Kora, Jennifer Leung, Emily Loumba, Cassie Macmillian, Fiona McDonald, Samira Mighty, Sonoya Mizuno, Anna Momcilovic, Nicola Mooi, Nicole O'Neill, Abiona Omonua, Jazz Peters, Courtney Pruce, Kayla Radam, Katie Singh, Lucy St Louis, Ruth Steele, Jasmine Takacs, Naomi Weijand, Leah West, Skye Lucia Degruttola, Timia Julien-Box, Adelaide Morgan, Gemma Fray, Lara Decaro, Max Brophy, Samuel Brown, Daniel Daszek-Green, Freddie Hunter, Joey Brown, Tom Burgering, Nate Leung, Kai Gordon, Oscar Francisco, Harry Marcus

Release: 2017-03-16

Runtime: 129

Plot: A live-action adaptation of Disney's version of the classic tale of a cursed prince and a beautiful young woman who helps him break the spell.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Obviously can't tell much from that but, I'm really intrigued by this movie. As much as I love the animated movie and the music, I hope this version is not a musical. Let's leave those great songs to the original.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Reports from people who were at last summer's D23 say that this is a musical. They showed the Gaston number.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Obviously can't tell much from that but, I'm really intrigued by this movie. As much as I love the animated movie and the music, I hope this version is not a musical. Let's leave those great songs to the original.
It's a musical. Same songs from '91 with a few new Menken/Rice ones thrown in. Nothing from Broadway.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
So basically it looks like they're just filming a live action version of the animated film? Instead of telling it's own story, like Maleificent.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
They *really* screwed up by not doing a film version of the Broadway musical, which is what many thought this was going to be when it was first announced. Disney's new MO of simply recycling what they've already covered is getting boring.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
The new songs added for the Broadway version aren't anything to write home about. And the one cut number from the movie they added back in is the worst in either version.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The original Broadway production was spectacular. Much better than I expected. I guess we'll see what we get here.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So basically it looks like they're just filming a live action version of the animated film? Instead of telling it's own story, like Maleificent.

Hearing that it is a remake instead of a re-telling is a little disappointing. I don't get the appeal. Why would I want to go watch a remake when I have the Oscar nominated classic at home?

That's essentially what they've done for two years running now, with their live action adaptations of Cinderella followed by The Jungle Book. It seems the March/April spring slot will be a live action remake of a Disney animated classic for the foreseeable future.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
That's essentially what they've done for two years running now, with their live action adaptations of Cinderella followed by The Jungle Book. It seems the March/April spring slot will be a live action remake of a Disney animated classic for the foreseeable future.

I haven't seen Jungle Book yet, but I thought that Cinderella was sufficiently enough it's own take rather than being a slavish reproduction of the animated classic.

Of course I'm only going off of a teaser, so Beauty and the Beast could be it's own thing, but the teaser presented is pretty much 100% beats from the animated version.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I haven't seen Jungle Book yet, but I thought that Cinderella was sufficiently enough it's own take rather than being a slavish reproduction of the animated classic.

Of course I'm only going off of a teaser, so Beauty and the Beast could be it's own thing, but the teaser presented is pretty much 100% beats from the animated version.
I wholeheartedly agree, regarding your comment on the CINDERELLA (2015) reboot!
Plus, Lily James was in it! :cheers:

We'll just have to wait and see regarding BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, but the early indicators don't appear all that encouraging, insofar as having a different spin than the '91 animated classic! It looks like a very solid cast, however!

CHEERS! :)

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Hmmmm. A tale as old is time is bound to get renewed from time to time. Will look forward to this. Have always loved the story, as a fairy tale, as Jean Cocteau's La Belle et la Bete, the Disney Oscar-nominated 1991 animated classic, etc. et al. You can't go far wrong with enchantment of this magnitude and Walt practically single-handed, invented the 20th century's derivative of time-honored storytelling imagination.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This will simply allow them to make another movie based on the Broadway version 10 years down the road, and make another billion dollars.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Yes, when I first heard about it I said, "Why?" However, it has quite the incredible cast so that has me intrigued as there are a lot of people there I like....so I have some interest and hope.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
According to the Wiki article, the movie will feature music from the original film and new music written for this one, but not any of the music that was specific to the Broadway production.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
After watching the trailer above - came up with several more related links on YouTube -- it must have been some fan made up stuff, as it appeared that they re-united the cast of Harry Potter by having Mr. Harry Potter himself (Daniel Radcliff) play the beast. I just couldn't see this, as he is a rather small guy - even with CGI - doesn't make much of an imposing figure.

Double checked this site - and does not list him in the cast: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2771200/fullcredits/

I'm hoping that is not the case...

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks