What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Will fox connect be selling the set? They have that code for 30% off when you join their mailing list. Just a thought....

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Carabimero said:
I don't necessarily think the BD set is priced too high. The simple, perhaps blasphemous truth is: I rarely watch the set I have.

My disc collection contains more than 6000 DVDs and BDs. Over the last 15 years, it's blatantly obvious to me that out of all those discs, I only watch (and rewatch) about 500 of them. The same 500. Year in and year out. And Batman isn't in that group. If it was, I'd pay the premium. It's not, so I will wait for the price to come down and buy the legit release at that point.
It seems high to me, to come up with that much all at once (I do like Greg's idea). I wish there were separate blu releases for the individual seasons, like the season 1 DVD set. That would have been ideal.

I have a large TV (and movie collection) also and I have watched about half of sets at least twice, I plan on re-watching the rest eventually too. When I'm all caught up on new purchases, I'll pull a set from my shelves and start that. I don't watch much broadcast TV and in a few years, hopefully, I will have all the show I've wanted. Most of them are either out now or coming soon. I'm going to have enough to last me years before I start re-watching them all over again. I'm glad I'll be adding Batman to my collection.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I agree with you about the separate BD season releases. As a matter of fact, if I could just buy all the BDs seasons without the big box and toy car and stuff, and get it cheaper, even $20 or $30 cheaper, I'd order it right now. A second BD option and they would have had me for sure.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Greg Chenoweth said:
Five weeks from today . . . POW! BAM! The DVD's and Bluray's are released. I can't wait!
I don't have cable and I don't have bootlegs so I have been looking forward to this for a while. I'm currently locked in at 32% discount for the dvd set, which is even less than I would have been willing to pay. I don't have an interest in all the other big complete series sets coming out this fall, so this is the big kahuna for me. It will be great fun to revisit Gotham's underworld with the dynamic duo.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Greg Chenoweth said:
In order to make it affordable for me I have been buying over the last few months Amazon.com gift cards at grocery stores. I have redeemed them at the website and applied the gift card balances to my Batman Blu-Ray set order. It is totally paid off a month before the release date so I can enjoy it when it arrives at my doorstep on November 11th. I thought the complete series release would be around $250 and I was thrilled that it was only $179.99!
I'm not sure I follow you. You bought Amazon gift cards for yourself, and then applied them to your Batman order? So, basically, you sort of did your own version of a layaway purchase, correct?

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
David_B_K said:
I'm not sure I follow you. You bought Amazon gift cards for yourself, and then applied them to your Batman order? So, basically, you sort of did your own version of a layaway purchase, correct?
Yes, that's a good way to put it. Basically, the total cost of the box set is too much for me to afford in one payment. However, spreading out the cost over four months and paying a little bit at a time has made it affordable. My set is all paid for and now I just wait for it to ship in over four weeks.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Over at the 66 Batman forum, someone posted this info about the upcoming bonus features on the Batman set. It is translated from a German forum but it would apply to the US/Canada releases as well:

The complete series has been tested in the last days of the Certificate: release from six years is the result.
too bonus was tested:
Batman Born! Building the World of Batman 28:26
Bat Rarities! Straight from the Vault: Actors Screen Tests: Lyle Waggoner and Peter Deyell 4:11
Bat Rarities! Straight from the Vault: Batgirl pilot 7:34
Bat Rarities! Straight from the Vault: Burt Ward Screen Test with Adam West 6:00
Bat Rarities! Straight from the Vault: James Blakely Tribute 2:17
Bats of the Round Table - A candid conversation with Adam West and his celebrity friends 43:17
Hanging with Batman 28:42
Memorabilia Holy Batman! 28:45
Inventing Batman - in the Words of Adam West: - Hi Diddle Diddle (28'17 "min.) - Smack in the Middle (28'26" min.)
Na Na Na Batman! Hollywood favorite stars and producers recount Their favorite Batman memories 11:44

http://www.comicforum.de/showthread.php?77293-Batman-TV-Serie-(60er-Jahre)/page48

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Greg Chenoweth said:
In order to make it affordable for me I have been buying over the last few months Amazon.com gift cards at grocery stores. I have redeemed them at the website and applied the gift card balances to my Batman Blu-Ray set order. It is totally paid off a month before the release date so I can enjoy it when it arrives at my doorstep on November 11th. I thought the complete series release would be around $250 and I was thrilled that it was only $179.99!

I am not missing out on this release at all. I watched the show when it first aired on ABC when I was five, almost six years old. I have been a fan of the show ever since as well as a fan of Batman in general. I have bought comic books and other home video releases of Batman movies and TV shows. Adam West autographed my VHS copy of the '66 Batman movie. However, the original TV series with Adam West and Burt Ward has been one of my holy grail shows to get.
This post made my day! I love to read posts like this, especially when online forums are often filled with such perpetual negativity and outright curmudgeonly sourpusses, myself included. The unbridled enthusiasm and good nature in this post is very inspiring and should serve as an example that sometimes you just have to go back to your childhood appreciation of things and not be so inordinately preoccupied with trying to find the bad in everything. Greg, the only way you can make this better is to return here and post when you get the set and how excited you are to finally have it. I'm hoping it turns out to be a great set for the most part and that so many who have waited so long are finally happy to have it for their own.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
For sure, Glen! I'm with Greg about being excited with this release. I *love* the creative way he "financed" his set! Often when I purchase a new DVD or set it'll sit around for a while, often months, before I open it. This one will be lucky to make it inside with the shrink wrap still on!

I was a bit older than Greg when it aired (11) but loved the series. I missed most of the Wednesday episodes because we would be leaving for church about fifteen minutes after it came on! I'd watch up until I was threatened before turning the set off and heading for the car. I *never* missed the Thursday episode. We had a B/W set but mom had a friend who'd purchased a color set. She found out what a huge Bat Fan I was and invited me over one week so I could watch a episode in color! That was fantastic!

I *still* have 3 pre-orders for this one. The S1 DVD, the DVD set, and the BR set. Since I don't currently own a BR player I'm leaning toward the DVD set *but* am also considering finally springing for a BR player just for this one. I believe the deciding factor will be whether or not I can find a BR player with composite/component outputs (I don't think there is such a animal) to be able to connect it to my CRT (nope - don't own a "HDTV" yet either as the CRT still works).

When this one comes in I'll be 11 again! My grandson, who just turned 11, doesn't understand why I'm so excited about this release. I hope he loves the series as much as do I once he's seen a few episodes. :D

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Greg Chenoweth said:
Over at the 66 Batman forum, someone posted this info about the upcoming bonus features on the Batman set. It is translated from a German forum but it would apply to the US/Canada releases as well:

The complete series has been tested in the last days of the Certificate: release from six years is the result.
too bonus was tested:
Batman Born! Building the World of Batman 28:26
Bat Rarities! Straight from the Vault: Actors Screen Tests: Lyle Waggoner and Peter Deyell 4:11
Bat Rarities! Straight from the Vault: Batgirl pilot 7:34
Bat Rarities! Straight from the Vault: Burt Ward Screen Test with Adam West 6:00
Bat Rarities! Straight from the Vault: James Blakely Tribute 2:17
Bats of the Round Table - A candid conversation with Adam West and his celebrity friends 43:17
Hanging with Batman 28:42
Memorabilia Holy Batman! 28:45
Inventing Batman - in the Words of Adam West: - Hi Diddle Diddle (28'17 "min.) - Smack in the Middle (28'26" min.)
Na Na Na Batman! Hollywood favorite stars and producers recount Their favorite Batman memories 11:44

http://www.comicforum.de/showthread.php?77293-Batman-TV-Serie-(60er-Jahre)/page48

Interesting what is NOT there...

All the Burns/FOXSTAR material , including the wrap-arounds and interviews done in 1989 for the Bat-Marathons.

Nothing in the way of ABC promotional material - the preview promo,the series promos and the fall previews from 1966 and 1967

Adam's PSA for the Savings Bond/Stamp program
The Equal Pay PSA.

(Plus worth mentioning - Adam's three Hollywood Palace appearances, His Milton Burle appearance, and The Merv Griffin interviews)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
These extras at least mean the bonus section is no longer worthless from my standpoint. This material merited mention at the time of the announcement a lot more than what they did announce.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Bob, some of the older LG players had component out I believe.
I *still* have 3 pre-orders for this one. The S1 DVD, the DVD set, and the BR set. Since I don't currently own a BR player I'm leaning toward the DVD set *but* am also considering finally springing for a BR player just for this one. I believe the deciding factor will be whether or not I can find a BR player with composite/component outputs (I don't think there is such a animal) to be able to connect it to my CRT (nope - don't own a "HDTV" yet either as the CRT still works).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks