Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth Supporting Actor

I was not aware of that. That's great! I learned something new today. Thanks.

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Sorry for being so late to reply to this, Mike...I've had a swamped week. My boy isn't 5 any more...he's about to start 11th grade next Monday, and I've been splitting time between work and getting him ready for back-to-school! :DI am so very glad you're up and around these days, and well enough to remember that pic of my kid in a superhero costume. But actually it was Superman, not Batman. He wore it for the Halloween that was just a few months before he turned five (back when he still had to wear an eye patch for correcting a vision problem). The only other time he wore a "heroic" costume was a Red Morphin' Power Ranger. Most other times he's been a bit more evil...a pirate (eye patch!), Darth Vader, Jason from Friday the 13th, etc.

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Yikes! Time DOES fly, Dave! :D But, then, so does Superman!

When your son was five, my kids would've been 13 & 17 (or thereabouts). My oldest--my daughter--is gonna make me a grandpa in October! The nerve! :laugh:

Thanks for sharing those pix!

Ron1973 and Jason_V like this.
  4. Carabimero

Carabimero Cinematographer
    Supporter

Alan
    Forgive me but I have been on another planet the last ten days or so. Did Comic Con confirm the set is complete and uncut with all the original music, etc.? Thanks.

5. Greg Chenoweth

Yes they did. DC Comics stated it on Twitter.

Carabimero likes this.
  6. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    Could not resist posting this video clip from batman:

7. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Great clip. Really gives the true essence of what that show was all about.

8. Nebiroth

Nebiroth Supporting Actor

John Astin was Okay as the Riddler, but I think Frank Gorshin was way better. His Riddler was marvellously maniacal yet deadly and he had that fantastic insane laugh. The Jim Carey Riddler was actually one of the very few things I liked in the first cycle of Batman movies.

Gorshij is brilliant as Bele in star Trek's Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

Tony Bensley likes this.
  9. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    One of the great things about this set for me will be revisiting Astin's and Kitt's re-takes on their characters. Haven't seen them since I was a kid, so I am anxious to evaluate them afresh.

Will Krupp and ScottDombrowski like this.
  10. John Hermes

John Hermes Screenwriter

John Hermes
    His Kirk Douglas impersonation ain't bad either.

Tony Bensley likes this.
  11. David Deeb

David Deeb Supporting Actor

David
    Amazon's pre-order price on the BD set dropped around $10 to $179 in case anyone wanted to lock in at this better price.

12. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

If this is anywhere close to someone's ballpark price, they might as well lock it in anyway, since Amazon's price guarantee states that if the price drops any further, they'll honor whatever the lowest price ends up being, so it's no harm to lock in now if your "sweet spot" is a little lower, as you'd be entitled to the lowest price anyway.

Besides, you can always cancel before release if you decide it never dipped low enough.

Craig S, Jason_V, mrz7 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    That's even $10 lower than the original low price I ordered at AND my invoice has been updated appropriately. :)

Richard V and Greg Chenoweth like this.
  14. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Cinematographer

Howie
    The Amazon listing for the DVD Complete Series set now shows the "32 page Episode Guide" to be a bonus feature. That leaves the rest of the box-o-junk stuff exclusive to the BR set.

FWIW I was looking at the latest issue of "Previews" (a comic and collectible pre-order guide) at the comic store Wednesday. It has the 6" Mattel Hot Wheels Batmobile listed for $75.00 retail. That makes its inclusion in the BR set a very good deal *if* you're in the market for a copy.

I'm still on-the-fence as to which release I want as I fully expect the BR to get another release without the dust collectors but still be at that same price point. Part of me says "Go with the DVD - it's cheaper - and all you want to do is watch the show with good quality" while another part says "But for only a few $$ more you can get BR and even if you don't want the extra junk in the box it's not that much more expensive." :unsure:

For 2 weeks in a row, one of the guys at the LCS has told me he's seeing on Amazon that they are guaranteeing the lowest price up to 14 days following the release date. He follows that with "but BF is a couple of days past that and I think it'll be lower then". I'm *not* seeing that offer - just the standard "if it's offered at a lower price before the end of the release date you get the lower price." Has anyone else seen such a offer from Amazon?

15. Greg Chenoweth

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201133130

16. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Cinematographer

Howie
  17. Greg Chenoweth

They don't state that in their policy. It is customers stating how they have received a refund from Amazon.com two weeks after they have received their order. It is not a "for certain" thing that they will do that on every order or release.

18. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    Has WHV announced full specs on this set yet? In particular I'm interested in confirming that English subtitles are included. I can't believe they wouldn't be given the high profile and WHV's track record, but there have been a couple of Amazon reviews that claim it won't be and the product description makes no mention of SDH.

Anyone have access to confirmed info one way or another?

19. McCrutchy

McCrutchy Second Unit

Sean
    Specs at WHV Japan are up at this link. The domestic Japanese version of the set, which is out November 12th, should be identical to the USA and other editions. WHV Japan usually have highly accurate specs, but, as a rule, they only detail original language (i.e. English) and Japanese options.

Again, as a rule, Japan gets the same discs from Warner that the USA (and usually, everywhere else) does, but Japanese audio and subtitles are only available when the Disc Menu language is set to Japanese on your Blu-ray player. So those outside Japan almost never see them, and don't know that they are there. On the other hand, when you access this Japanese "version" (it's actually a playlist), you will get Japanese menu screens with only English and Japanese options, and any other Western (and other Asian) dubs and subtitles will not be available.

Unfortunately, I hope that for once, WHV Japan is wrong.

Video: 16x9 Full Frame (1.78:1) Note: 4:3 Material is specified 4:3, like this, or this, out the same month.

Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1 (no lossless) but there will also be a Japanese: Dolby Digital Mono track.

Subtitles: In addition to English SDH, (and the French, German, Italian, Latin Spanish subtitles already specified) there will be Japanese subtitles, as well.

Discs 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11 all have 264 minutes of content. Disc 3 has 220 minutes. Discs 6 and 9 have 132 minutes, and Disc 12 has 44 minutes.

Disc 13, the bonus disc, has 155 minutes of content.

Discs 6, 9 and 12 are single-layered BD-25s.

Even if I weren't concerned about compression (WHY are there any BD-25s in here, anyway?!), the lack of lossless mono (or at least 5.1, if you must) is unacceptable. Let's not mention the 1.78:1 spec, which should be outright incorrect, based on information we were told before.

In case any of it changes, here is the relevant info I am seeing at WHV Japan, also translated via Google. Remember, only the English and Japanese options are specified:

20. Nebiroth

Nebiroth Supporting Actor

It woul dbe really weird if there were only domestic BluRay sets. In most countries the DVD market is as big, if not bigger, than the BD one. I strongly suspect this is just Amazon reselling the US version - they're Amazon exclusive, at least they are here in the UK.