What's new

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
FanCollector said:
(Actually, I will differ slightly with Jason there; I think we would have been much better served by a Time Life exclusive.)
I appreciate that. :) If this were a TL release instead of a Warner one, a large contingent of folks would have been complaining about that, too, just like they complain about everything TL does. Maybe I worded it wrong, but that was the only thing I was trying to convey.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I see what you meant now! The down side to Time Life is that it's a longer wait for international consumers, and that isn't fair. But I do think we would have done better with bonus features had the set come from Time Life. Nevertheless, I will very happily take the Warner set.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I do think we would have done better with bonus features had the set come from Time Life
True, but everything Time/Life releases is outrageously overpriced to the point that
one is paying in installments to own it.

I am still waiting for the Dean Martin roasts to come down in price and I'm not holding
my breath that it will.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Richard,

Thank you for that. Now I am very optimistic that this set has the
opportunity of being deeply discounted at some point.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I'll be getting this set once the price comes down to under 200 again. The extras certainly could have been better but what puzzles me is the lack of commentaries. I remember reading from various sources that Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar recorded commentaries specifically for this set yet there are none to be found. Odd.

stpat

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart
Personally, I'm intrigued about what Bob Furmanek posted in another thread (I'm surprised it didn't get more attention):

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/301743-1966-batman-dvd-coming-see-post-649/page-61#entry4119060
"I can tell you that I am providing some unique material to the set, including something very rare that has not been seen since early January, 1966.
I can say no more! :)"

Despite the high-level summary of the extras making them sound fluffy, it still sounds like there's going to be some interesting exclusive stuff.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Gary Seven said:
I'll be getting this set once the price comes down to under 200 again. The extras certainly could have been better but what puzzles me is the lack of commentaries. I remember reading from various sources that Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar recorded commentaries specifically for this set yet there are none to be found. Odd.
I think that the Adam commentary might be where he talks about his script notes for the first two episodes. As for the others, my theory is that we have not heard the last of extras for this set. I may be wrong, but I do not see how you get to over 3 hours of all new enhanced content from what's been announced.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Gary Seven said:
I've been wondering about this since the announcements. Hopefully there's more to be revealed.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Traveling Matt said:
I've been wondering about this since the announcements. Hopefully there's more to be revealed.
Same here, I want to know if WB omitted Fox and plastered their name at the end of the episodes?

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
I don't know of a case of Warner Bros ever locking anything, so I'm 99% certain it'll be region free. That is the delivered price yes. The packaging looks the same but that could just be a case of a user submitting the picture from Amazon.com. Since they don't charge until dispatch, best option is to probably pre-order both and then cancel one when you have more information.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Ronald Epstein said:
Hmmm....

That sounds tempting. That's a delivered price...right?

Looking at the packaging, it seems exact -- unless I am wrong.

I may opt to go this route.
Are these region-free?
Don't do it, Ron. After the conversion from British Pounds to American Dollars it comes out to be $228 with shipping.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Greg, with all due respect, the current total is in the $155-$165 range109.99 pounds - 17.59 (16% VAT refund) = 92.39 poundsAdd in 3.08 for shipping95.47 pounds totalCurrent exchange rate about 1.70

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Greg Chenoweth said:
Don't do it, Ron. After the conversion from British Pounds to American Dollars it comes out to be $228 with shipping.
I ordered it with standard shipping (6-10 days). Total was £94.74 which converts to $160.20 US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks