What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Anyway a little over $150 at wbshop right now with a code. RETAILME20HE

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
darkrock17 said:
That part was not called for, as that's just gloating.
I wasn't gloating either darkrock17....just stating a FACT that when "Batmania" was first released.....that's how much I paid. And I also stated in the same post that "Batmania" is currently out of print that is why it costs no less than a $100 (referring back to Jack P's comment). And there is no "tone" from that.....I am just stating a fact.....not here to fight with anybody....just trying to keep the facts straight. I'm sorry if you guys are misinterpreting my post as "too harsh", "gloating" or you see "a tone" in that post.....but that is not what my intentions are at all. Just fact checking.....that's all.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Wow, that review brought back memories. Sure wish i bought that (and a dozen more -- of which i'd happily sell you for $100 below market value!)... but it also rang a bell on that Munsters show. What ever happened to that prized production/never released classic ?

[font="Verdana;font-size:10pt"]Batmania! is a let-down after all the goodies accorded Image's aborted Munsters DVD[/font]

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
At the moment it is a US release. There is no way of knowing whether there will be releases in other countries. It depend son two things: first, that the rights issues can be resolved in them (as rights are often not the same as, say, in the UK as they are in the USA) and that whoever plans to do a release considers it likely to be sufficiently profitable.

There are many US releases that never got released in the UK, and many more than only released years later having been licensed out to an independent label.

So at the moment...no one knows.

However, thankfuly it is a general US release and available via stores that ship outside the US (unlike say a Time Life only, such as the original Six Million Dollar Man set, Time Life will not ship outsid eof the US) so it will be easy enough to get hold of.

The only fly in the ointment is the potential region coding of the BluRays. The DVD's will almost certainly be r1 coded but that is trivial to overcome.

That and of course the fact that in many countriues a large and expensive box like this will attract import duties and taxes. Certainly any European Union country.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
shoeshineboy said:
Wow, that review brought back memories. Sure wish i bought that (and a dozen more -- of which i'd happily sell you for $100 below market value!)... but it also rang a bell on that Munsters show. What ever happened to that prized production/never released classic ?

[font="Verdana;font-size:10pt"]Batmania! is a let-down after all the goodies accorded Image's aborted Munsters DVD[/font]
Hi shoeshineboy!

The Munsters Complete Series has actually been on DVD for several years, now! Curiously, it is currently cheaper to get the two seasons individually from Amazon than the combined two season set! I'm not sure what the differences might be in terms of extras, however.

Here is a Munsters Amazon Page Listing: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=the+munsters&rh=n%3A2625373011%2Ck%3Athe+munsters

CHEERS!

Tony

P.S. Love the Underdog reference regarding your Username!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
shoeshineboy said:
I have heard that a couple of times recently. What was so great about the Image Munster's set? Didn't most of that stuff turn up on the Munsters Complete series?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
JoeDoakes said:
I have heard that a couple of times recently. What was so great about the Image Munster's set? Didn't most of that stuff turn up on the Munsters Complete series?
Yes, it did. Here's a link to the news item on TVshowsonDVD.com outlining just what was to be on the set. The item I was interested in most, the original pilot, made the sets. I don't know about the rest as I'm not one who pays much attention to bonus material. Other than the original pilot I didn't watch any of the bonus stuff on the Munster's sets.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
BobO'Link said:
Yes, it did. Here's a link to the news item on TVshowsonDVD.com outlining just what was to be on the set. The item I was interested in most, the original pilot, made the sets. I don't know about the rest as I'm not one who pays much attention to bonus material. Other than the original pilot I didn't watch any of the bonus stuff on the Munster's sets.
Based on Amazon's Special Features listing for THE MUNSTERS: THE COMPLETE SERIES; THE MUNSTERS: FIRST FAMILY OF FRIGHT Disc 1 Features are all included in the Universal Set, but none of the Disc 2 Features, with the exception of the Unaired Pilot. That's really too bad, as the Disc Two Features look really interesting. As a late Boomer Canadian who saw my share of Wayne & Shuster growing up, their Monsters Tribute would have especially appealed to me!

For those who are interested in the 2 DVD Image Set, Third Party Amazon Merchants have used copies, starting at $29.95.
The Munsters - America's First Family of Fright (Documentary):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002EJ7I0/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

CHEERS!

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Regarding "Batman" and overseas releasing of the set -- I'm in Australia and Warners down here are pretty good with their day and date current releases of blurays with other countries (but lousy with their catalog title releases -- still no "Being There" on bluray down here, many others) -- I'm not taking any chances, have preordered the bluray set on Amazon and I know I'll love it, no matter how compressed it is.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David Lambert said:
One last comment: I'm frankly shocked at how many people who said for years that "I want this...price is no object, I know it will cost a bundle!" are now balking.

While you wait, my wife, son and I will be enjoying these. A lot.
Don't I remember an image of your boy (maybe about four or five years old) all decked out in a Batman costume??? (probably in a very old RoundUp?)

:biggrin:

sandijorgens2

Auditioning
Real Name
sandi
David Lambert said:
One last comment: I'm frankly shocked at how many people who said for years that "I want this...price is no object, I know it will cost a bundle!" are now balking. I've placed my pre-order at Amazon for the Blu-ray LE set. $188.xx; total cost, with tax and shipping, about $210. Hopefully the price goes down between now and 11/11, but if it doesn't I'm prepared to pay. I've waited too long, and I want 'em (as does my wife). Blu-ray quality, too? Cool. UltraViolet as well? I'm not very much into digital, but okay, nice. Batmobile toy included? Rockin'. Any on-disc extras at all? I'll take 'em, but I never care...I only watch them once anyway (if at all). It's the episodes I want, and I've already got the film on Blu, so this is exactly what I want. "Uncut"? Worth it. You don't agree with me? Fine, up to you. Yes, the price will come down. While you wait, my wife, son and I will be enjoying these. A lot. My 2¢.
Apples and Oranges .................................People would PAY ANY PRICE for the series IF WB had not DELIBERATELY SCREWED THE FANS by having too many episdoes crammed per disc AND low bit-rates AND leavinout out BatGirl pilot, psa + Holy Batmania discs and more that is readily available.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
sandijorgens2 said:
Apples and Oranges .................................People would PAY ANY PRICE for the series IF WB had not DELIBERATELY SCREWED THE FANS by having too many episdoes crammed per disc AND low bit-rates AND leavinout out BatGirl pilot, psa + Holy Batmania discs and more that is readily available.
I am a dedicated fan who remembers very well the night BATMAN premiered on ABC. I am not getting "deliberately screwed" by Warner Brothers because I am finally going to be able to own every episode of the classic series that I have cherished since I was five years old. Warner Home Video has put 8 episodes on a single DVD before and the picture quality is magnificent (Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3, Disc 4 and Yogi's Gang). Warner Archive was able to get 13 episodes on each Blu-ray disc of Batman: The Brave and The Bold Season 1. The picture quality is excellent and there is no loss in the bitrate.that everyone is talking about. The audio quality is terrific and it plays wonderfully on my Blu-ray player at home. Also, concerning the missing content, maybe WB's license with FOX for the series only includes the episodes themselves and none of the other material that FOX has in their vaults. They probably wanted even more money for that and then wanted WB to do the restoration work on that as well.

I am not getting ripped off at all. I wanted the series on home video and it will finally happen on November 11th.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Greg Chenoweth said:
I am a dedicated fan who remembers very well the night BATMAN premiered on ABC. I am not getting "deliberately screwed" by Warner Brothers because I am finally going to be able to own every episode of the classic series that I have cherished since I was five years old. Warner Home Video has put 8 episodes on a single DVD before and the picture quality is magnificent (Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3, Disc 4 and Yogi's Gang). Warner Archive was able to get 13 episodes on each Blu-ray disc of Batman: The Brave and The Bold Season 1. The picture quality is excellent and there is no loss in the bitrate.that everyone is talking about. The audio quality is terrific and it plays wonderfully on my Blu-ray player at home. Also, concerning the missing content, maybe WB's license with FOX for the series only includes the episodes themselves and none of the other material that FOX has in their vaults. They probably wanted even more money for that and then wanted WB to do the restoration work on that as well.I am not getting ripped off at all. I wanted the series on home video and it will finally happen on November 11th.
I totally agree with you. Amazing how some are able to comment on compressed video and other issues in a product that won't be released for another 3 months.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
sandijorgens2 said:
I don't feel that the set needs any additional bonus material, or even any bonus material to be honest with you. All the episodes complete and uncut is fine with me. I'll give WB the benefit of the doubt as to the compression and bit-rates until after I read some reviews.

What I don't like is the cheap cardboard packaging. I'm so fed up with digipaks that this is enough to get me to pass on this particular release.

---------------

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
sandijorgens2 said:

I'm with Greg and Gary and want to mention one other thing: if you don't like the price, the extras, the packaging, the episodes per disc...don't buy it. No one is forcing any of us to buy (or not buy). But let's not get into Warner is deliberately screwing the customer.

Because, let's face it: the last thing a company who has been working for years to get this show on disc wants to hear is they're screwing people. IF they were screwing any of us, we'd have cut episodes, no extras and an exclusive through Time Life.

High C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andante
My .02:

No question I intend to pre-order and have it in my hands as soon as possible when it is released. I have a very good bootleg copy, but I am quite tired of seeing a bug at the bottom of the screen, and also have had enough of the washed-out colors. I want Siren’s silver Greco-Roman gown to look as vibrant and shimmering as it did in 1967. I am very grateful the legal problems finally were hurdled. I am not complaining about the price. I cannot wait to see the episodes again.That said, I certainly was quite underwhelmed by the extras, and I’ll explain why:1. Warner’s hype contributed to the letdown. I fail to understand how the extras were announced at the same time that a panel featuring Adam, Burt and Julie was in progress, yet none of the extras even mention Burt or Julie. Now this is no offense to Adam, but it was Batman starring Adam West, NOT the Adam West Show. Yes, Adam was the biggest reason it became a phenomenon, but without Burt, Julie and the rest of the Big 4 villains, I don’t think it would have been the same show. Burt and Julie deserve their due.2. Of the extras, the only one that interests me is Adam’s notes on the shooting script for the pilot. Why? BECAUSE THAT DEALS WITH THE MAKING OF THE SHOW ITSELF. I’m not as into commentaries as others on this board, because unless the actor is prodded by someone, it often devolves into meaningless chatter. But I would be interested in seeing new interviews with Adam, Burt and Julie.And yes, I know the argument, and it’s a valid one, that Adam will say the ‘curious stirrings in my utility belt’ line about Julie for the 457,982nd time, and Burt again will talk about how dangerous the set was for him (as he apparently did on the panel that night). Still, if the right person is asking the right questions, the interviews could bear fruit. At least try. Burt has been quoted as saying he did something like this recently, so I can hope, anyway.But I don’t care about collectors, or about Adam’s celebrity buddies, or about a miniature Batmobile. If you’re going to give me extras, give me some meat and potatoes. You’ve certainly had more than enough time to ponder those potential extras, that’s for sure.The one commentary I WOULD be interested in could have been provided by this man:http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan/18 ... n-20140119I mean, the director who was responsible for the PILOT is alive and quite lucid. It’s mind-boggling that nobody thought to try to get Robert Butler to do a commentary.3. I also don’t like the fact Batgirl and Yvonne are being given short shrift, and this is coming from someone who would have preferred Greenway went with Mary Ann Mobley for the role. Still, with that said, the fact is season 3, like it or not (and I know how many people hate it) doesn’t happen if not for Batgirl and Yvonne. And if the show went only two seasons and 26 fewer episodes, the MSRP certainly would be lower.What I’m saying is this--like it or not Warner, the presence of Yvonne and Batgirl means more money in your pockets from the boxed set. I wonder if there’s bad blood because of the length of the negotiations with her for the rights to her likeness for the toys, figures, etc.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Yes, Robert Butler would have been a great resource for a commentary or even an interview. (He does discuss the series in his Archive of American Television interview, if you are interested.)I agree with everyone who says that uncut, HD-restored episodes are the main selling point and I am grateful to have those. No question, I will be buying the set. The extras don't sound especially engaging, and I wish that they were different though. Doesn't mean I am disappointed overall, but they could have done better on that front. (Actually, I will differ slightly with Jason there; I think we would have been much better served by a Time Life exclusive.) But after waiting so long for the series, I am very happy to get it and November can't come soon enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks