What's new

Batman the Animated Series (94-99) movie discography? (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
hello,

outside of volumes1-4 DVD, how do i watch the movies? for example:
1. mask of phantasm
2. mystery of batwoman
3. mr. freeze. sub-zero
4. return of joker.

arent there a ton more movies?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
They were released in this order:
1. mask of phantasm
2. mr. freeze. sub-zero
3. return of joker
4. mystery of the batwoman

Although, Return of the Joker was a Batman Beyond movie, so if you are watching chronologically: Phantasm, SubZero, Batwoman, Joker.

The only other "movie" is World's Finest, which is really a three-part Superman episode(s), but it was released to video as The Batman/Superman Movie.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
oh, ok, i'd like to keep the batman beyond, world's finest stuff last because it's not completely out on DVD yet. i wanna' finish off what's currently out on the TAS. thx for the list! that's what i needed! thanks.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
In my opinion, for chronological sake you can watch Mask of the Phantasm and Sub Zero at any point before Volume 4 of TAS. Mystery of the Batwoman should be watched after Volume 4, and Return of the Joker should be viewed after completing all of Batman Beyond.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

World's Finest was released on DVD twice - once as The Batman/Superman movie and again as three episodes on Superman: The Animated Series Vol. 2. Its great stuff. The characterization of Batman is very consistent throughout all the series and may be the best interpretation of the character yet.

Of the animated Bat-films, I'd say Phantasm is the best.

Enjoy!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I think Return of the Joker is the best...but it's been a long while since I've seen Phantasm...and I remember it being excellent.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
sam, i meant the entire superman/justice league DVDs. not all completely out yet.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i wish the team continued down the road =). i didn't like batman begins =(.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Love Mask of the Phantasm (saw it in the theater).

Off topic, Superman Animated question. Have the Darkseid/New Gods episodes been released on DVD yet?

Doug

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

I said for years that the movie franchise should have been handed over to Paul Dini and company. I liked Batman Begins a lot, and am pleased with the way the films seem to be going, but I still think Dini and the animated writers could have created the definitive big-screen Batman.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i hated batman begins. there are no surprises. you go into the film knowing that alred and bruce will be alive =). no thrills. just a checklist to check off.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
just started to watch Batman TAS vol.1. i remembered watching it out of order, but i didn't know it was produced without a continuous story throughout the series. apparently, the stories just come and go just like a comic book. my fav part of the TAS is paul dini+co. putting the DETECTIVE back into DC comics =). notice that's the best parts of DC Comic book heros, supes, batman, dd, they're all basically dressed up detectives.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
just finished all 3 volumes of TAS (the initial 92-94/5 run).

i'm on vol4 of TAS and i noticed a few things:
-line style of the drawings. much more of the modern like justice league & the batman.
-shows more violence and guns (TAS vol1-3 is more subdued, conservative and masked in these regards).
-sexier (by a bit more).

so, do batman+girl come right out and profess their luv for 1 another? i'm only on ep5 or so.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I always perceived that it was one sided, meaning Batgirl has a crush on Bruce not really a mutual feeling.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
IIRC, DC published a "lost years" series that was to bridge the gap between the episodes we know in Volumes 1-2-3 and those in Volume 4. In it, and in episodes in Vol. 4, it is revealed that Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon had a thing.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
in the dir's commentary when batgirl was introduced that they alawys intended for dick grayson and barbara to have a thing. and it was definitely shown in TAS vol4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks