What's new
World Wide Stereo

BA hps10se Subwoofer randomly makes LOUD thud during movies and games. (1 Viewer)

MNTrack44

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter Miller
I own a boston accoustics horizon series hps 10se sub connected to an older sony 6.1 receiver through a monster cable 25 ft digital cable.; It sounds great most of the time, but randomly throughout movies, tv or video games it will make a loud thud noise. After the first of these noises they become more common and i usually have to turn the sub off and continue the movie without it. The noise is as if someone had just dropped a big box of books on the ground, very loud and distracting! It happens in both, the always on and the signal only, modes of the sub. I am planning on replacing the reciever with a new pioneer and the cable with a 12 footer from monoprice.com. But I am guessing it will happen with that set up as well. Does anyone know why this is happening? What can i do to fix it? I love the sub and got a great deal on it, so i don't want to replace it! Thanks in advance!

728x90

MNTrack44

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter Miller
I forgot to mention all the other speakers and klipsch synergy series speakers, so it is the only one that does not match the 5 others.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like you are bottoming out the sub, literally making the speaker travel till it hits the enclosure. This is a bad thing to do. Dial back on the sub output, or purchase a more capable sub.

MNTrack44

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter Miller
I do not think that is the problem as the noise is so random. it does not appear when their is a lot of base, it is entirely random or it seems that way...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks