What's new

B & W question (1 Viewer)

jwill242004

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Wilcox
Ive been looking to upgrade my speakers for a while, and recently stumbled on a very good deal on B & W locally. I know these are great speakers, but for the money how good are they? I know these speakers sell for a very high amount all across the internet. I dont kow exact model #'s but they are from the Matrix and Nautilus line of B & W. Let me know what you guys think.

J

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
B&W is a well-regarded brand. They are I think the largest high-end speaker company out there, some people tend to treat them as the gorilla in a way and think they're overpriced. I disagree. I think B&W makes some excellent products and they have solid value. There is, however, a great deal of competition out there and speaker preference is subjective. I think there are very few people who dislike B&W or think they are poor speakers, but some or many may feel other similarly priced speakers provide either sound they prefer or perhaps better value.

Bottom line is you should listen to the speakers carefully, and compare to many other options out there and see whether the B&W sound and the particular speakers in question are right for you.

Bo-Cephus

Stunt Coordinator
I like the B&W's as well. I decided on the 600 series setup - pretty good at that price point, including the Nautilus tweeters. In terms of "are they good for the money", it's probably important for people to know exactly what speakers (models and series) they are and what they are going for. THen I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions/advice on that deal compared to what else may be out there. B&W is one of the gorillas, but there is a reason for that besides marketing - they make a great product. So if you could give the store a call and get the specifics I would be interested in other people's opinions as well. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks