What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Announcement: A Midwinter's Tale (1995) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1698276729183.png

Coming to Blu-ray December 12th!

NEW 2023 1080p HD Master

A MIDWINTER’S TALE (1995)

Run Time: 99 Minutes
Subtitles: ENGLISH SDH
Audio Specs: DTS HD-MA 2.0 STEREO
Aspect Ratio 16x9 1.85:1
Product color: B&W
Disc Configuration-BD 50

Directed by Kenneth Branagh
Cast: Richard Briers, Hetta Charnley, Joan Collins, Jennifer Saunders
Includes Original Theatrical Trailer

To be or not to be? To act or not to act? They are the same question to Joe, a struggling (read: jobless) actor whose every sinew and synapse cries out to perform – and to soften the blow of not landing a part in a mega budget sci-fi movie. So in the stalwart (read: desperate) tradition of actors everywhere, Joe vows to put on a show, a special (read: even more desperate) version of the greatest play in the English tongue. Writer/director Kenneth Branagh serves up a Hamlet on wry with this salute to dyed-in-the-wool and often wooly-brained thespians. Michael Maloney plays Joe, maxing out his credit cards and wits to realize a dream. Does he succeed? With Richard Briers, Joan Collins, Nicholas Farrell, Absolutely Fabulous alumna Jennifer Saunders and Julia Sawalha and more joining Maloney, one thing is certain: the show must go on.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I’m a fan of Branagh’s work. Why exactly have I never heard of this movie???

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I actually saw this film but I remember nothing about it. Still, I like his work and will buy a copy.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
1698330892497.png

It played in New York--I saw it at the Lincoln Square--and got an almost rave review in the Times, though Stephen Holden complained he chuckled instead of laughing out loud. Oh, those NY critics! I think it's Branagh's most successful film, artistically speaking.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I’m a fan of Branagh’s work. Why exactly have I never heard of this movie???

It's a rather light comedy that Branagh essentially tossed off during preparation for his adaptation of Hamlet, but I remember it being quite charming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks