What's new

Axiom Or Polk (1 Viewer)

Jamie*C

Auditioning
Which companys speakers sound better?? Do axioms M22ti bookshelf speakers sound better than polks LSi9's?

Jamie*C

Auditioning
Which companys speakers sound better?? Do axioms M22ti bookshelf speakers sound better than polks LSi9's?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's a tough one, both are good speakers, but for the price, the Axioms are a better deal.

I have installed two systems with LSi7s and I think they sound pretty darn good. Build quality is top notch on both, but the LSi cabinets feel more substantial.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's a tough one, both are good speakers, but for the price, the Axioms are a better deal.

I have installed two systems with LSi7s and I think they sound pretty darn good. Build quality is top notch on both, but the LSi cabinets feel more substantial.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The LSi9 is a 4 ohm speaker (if memory serves me correct). Might be a consideration if your receiver isn't a little on the stout side.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The LSi9 is a 4 ohm speaker (if memory serves me correct). Might be a consideration if your receiver isn't a little on the stout side.

Joey_V

Second Unit
i went to tweeter with my m22s in hand. i did a head on audition between the polk rti (4,6,8) against the m22s. the m22s handily beat the rti4 in all categories. the rti6 seemed to have a wider soundstage than the m22s - at times when i switched back and forth, i felt that the m22s were boxed in. however, the m22s had better midrange clarity and better, crisper highs - the rti6 were on the verge of becoming sibilant.

i also tested the rti8, which handily beat the m22s in overall full range sound and the midrange clarity was better on the rti8. so it seemed like i found my speaker... well, not quite. the rti8 had the same sibilant tweeter that the 6 (and the 4) had... this is what turned me away from the 8s, otherwise i wouldve brought them home with me.

dave, the salesman, showed me the highest end polks... the lsi series. i listened to the lsi7 - highs were cristalline.. better than the m22s, but the midrange was not as controlled - yet the lsi7 did have a wider soundstage.

then came the m22s worst nightmare... the lsi9. OH MY GOD.... WOW... my jaw dropped. the m22s were bested in every category i knew... from lateral soundstage width, midrange production, bass production, highs were done with a radiator tweeter (not unlike the rockets by onix)... and man oh man... i just sat there in amazement.

something actually sounded better to me than my m22s did. wow... i couldnt believe it. the axioms seemed boxed in afterwards. the polks appeared coloreless too - although the m22s appeared to be more colorless, but i think that it is the added bass response in the polks lsi9 that make it seem less transparent. in all actuality, the lsi9 was so accurate, so lifelike... i wanted to take it home with me. however, the pricetag of 899$ asking price was too steep.

i came back home with the m22s and have decided to hold off on selling it indefinitely. the m22s are great speakers - it is just that the lsi9, imho, are better in every way.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The LSi9s also cost just about twice as much as the m22s...the BETTER be a better speaker (and I agree, quite a bit for these speakers). I've heard many speakers that are better than the M22s, though not too many at nearly the same price.

David Strand

Agent
I picked up some of the LSI7's when Fry's had the $199 deal. When I first brought them home I A/B compared them (as best I could in my living room) with my JBL HLS-810's and they sounded good, a little better but I wasn't blown away with their sound.

I had been reading about people saying "wait until they break in" and didn't really believe it could change their sound that much.

Boy was I wrong. They sound a lot better now than when they were brand new. I compared them to the JBLs again and they are night and day better. I like them so much I ended up buying LSI15's and an LSI-C to match with them, they should be here soon and I can't wait!! Next I am looking at an amp so I can drive them properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks