What's new

Auto racing weekend (1 Viewer)

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
The last race on CBS is Silverstone, the rest thankfully, are back to Speed.

The only place that the GP would get HD play is on CBC I would think.

Speed is not HD, and ESPN HD isn't scheduled to cover it.

TSN might be HD and CBC, but thats it.

We'll be at the USGP, wanted to do Montreal again but the exchange rate blows. Plus you get the pit walkthrough with the USGP.

I wonder if Speed will be physically on hand for the USGP, I'd like to meet those guys, probably a blast at the bar.

Another thing that CBS sucks at is the interview...it was Coulthard's first podium in ages and I really like the guy, but he gets stiffed by those idiots and I have to wait a week to watch the post race conference. He has put in his time and I would think is racing for fun now so he tends to speak his mind which is usually interesting.

I was just over at Speed's forums, not a single CBS fan. Looks like those guys actually respond on the forums too.

CharlesD

Screenwriter

They're on site for the USGP, and I've heard stories about people running into them around town over that weekend. Hobbs must have a hard time with people lining up to buy him drinks...

The HD rumors don't make much sense to me either, but the story was that FOM wanted to try it out (maybe with an eye for doing it more if/when HD gets better penetration in Europe and other big markets for F1).

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
I was at the 500 as well. Great race. Those last 20 laps were incredible. I watched some of the broadcast later. I don't recall anyone talking about "another Andretti" disappointment (which I thought of at the time), but instead referring to how well Marco did (and the new age of "Marco Mania").

I'm not a big F1 fan, but I do catch some races every now and then. I haven't seen any of the CBS broadcasts, but I can easily believe what you're saying about them. I have seen a few races on Speed Channel. The guys there are pretty good.

I loved how they called last years USGP race.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I enjoy Speed Channel a lot. I love their NASCAR pre-race coverage with Jimmy Spencer and also Wind Tunnel with Dave DeSpain. DeSpain seems to know all there is to know about racing and is a great host for his call in show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks