August 19th for that Bob Fosse classic musical...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Lambert, Apr 15, 2003.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

ALL THAT JAZZ!

• Release Date: 8/19/2003
    • Retail Price: $14.98
    • Studio: Fox
    • Year: 1979
    • Runtime: 123 minutes
    • Widescreen
    • Scene specific audio commentary by star Roy Scheider
    • Interviews
    • Film clips
    • Theatrical trailers

You're Welcome! [​IMG]

2. Guy_K

Guy_K Second Unit

That's great news! It only goes for $10 dollars though? I hope that doesn't represent the quality of the transfer.

3. Brian PB

Brian PB Supporting Actor

Great--now I can finally program that home film festival:

8-1/2 (Fellini/1963)
    All That Jazz (Fosse/1979)
    Stardust Memories (Woody Allen/1980)

[​IMG]

4. Greg_M

Greg_M Screenwriter

Definate pass

5. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

David just because a retailer puts a DVD up for pre-order does not mean that it will actually be released. Especially since Fox recently canceled a release that was up for pre-order called "The Enemy Below". How about providing a link to an official press release about "All That Jazz" coming out on that date or perhaps an actual quote from Mr Staddon. Since it does not look like a definate improvement over my R2 version, I'll pass & it does not matter to me whether it actually is released in R1 or not. But I think some fans who are not multi-regional might not actually believe it until they see it in their hands since Fox has been sitting on the R1 version for so long!

6. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

I've been hearing all this time that All That Jazz would be with other Fox musicals including Hello Dolly. Does anyone else know what else comes withthis package?

7. Guy_K

Guy_K Second Unit

I think this will be the release date, considering Chicago is also getting a release around August.

8. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

All That Jazz, Hello Dolly, The Rose, Simon & Garfunkel Concert in Central Park, Star!, and a reissue of The Commitments are all due out 8/19, according to this DVDTalk thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=286345

Mao, the DVDTalk member who posted the info, is usually reliable when he posts dates, so I trust that these are accurate.

9. Randall Dorr

Randall Dorr Second Unit

10. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

just what i was going to say.
    QFF is one of the best looking discs i have EVER seen.
    if anybody here finds themselves buying a Superbit release just because you think it is demo material, even though you aren't really crazy about the movie- you should dig out $10 and give this a shot.
    the bonus is, the movie itself is a work of art.

obviously the release date of ATJ is on the up and up and why would there be any further delay?
    its a fine disc and a great movie ( i've been enjoying the R4 one for a while now).

really excited about The Rose, since this is a movie i've wanted to see since i discovered Joplin all those years ago.

11. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

I saw the announcement at DVDfile that this includes Hello Dolly , and Sttar ( a real shocker there as Fox told me two years ago they would NEVER do this title. With Star and Thoroughly Modern Milllie due at any time, we Julie andrews fansare thrilled!!

12. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

Although I'm excited about "All That Jazz" and "Hello Dolly", I'm pretty ecstatic about "Star!" coming out. I wonder if Fox will port over the commentary that was on the laserdisc special edition? I hope, I hope, I hope... [​IMG]

Rafael

13. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

I hope we can find some specs for these titles somewhere - so far, no. I want to knwo if Hello Dolly and Star are anamorphic, are they 4.0 and do they both have extra features a la making of and screen tests ( a ton exist for Hello Dolly)

14. Greg_M

Greg_M Screenwriter

Really pisses me off that FOX held back on these titles all this time because of ALL THAT JAZZ (which I won't purchase as a result) Why not spread out these releases? Who wants to buy all these titles in one week after having nothing available since the Rodgers and Hammerstein releases over four years ago. Sorry FOX I'll buy CHICAGO instead.

Betcha, come August 18th-19th no one chooses to buy "ALL THAT JAZZ" over this year's best picture winner "CHICAGO"

15. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

Well, it goes without saying. IMO, anybody asking if something will be anamorphic is usually a waste of time, since just about every widescreen title is these days...and Fox always uses it now, anyway...

16. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

17. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Jeff_HR, you sound like you're upset about something today. Anything wrong?

18. PatrickL

PatrickL Second Unit

19. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

20. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Second Unit

Actually, the Q4 2002 release was, AFAIK, supposed to tie in with the THEATRICAL release of Chicago...I dunno why they delayed it, but at least they got their wish to be able to tie it in to the release of Chicago (on DVD).

And how did Fox come to own this, anyway? When I saw it on Bravo, it opened with a logo for Columbia...