What's new

Audio/Video Calibration kit? (1 Viewer)

ramtin

Auditioning
Real Name
ramtin ram
Hello there,

I would like to know if there are any books or software out there that will help calibrate TVs...

Same for Audio...

If there are any useful information about buying a kit to do that, I would really appreciate if someone helps me with this...

I'm talking about calibrating Audio and Video for Home Theaters and possibly already sound proofed theaters...

I really don't care about the price and how expensive the whole package is...

All i'm looking for is a good kit that has all ALL THE TOOLS, HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE THAT YOU NEED to calibrate Audio and Video...

Your help is appreciated...

Thanks,

Ramtin

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
To add to Robert's post, the Avia or Video Essentials disc will give you all the info that the book you're looking for would. And the SPL meter (Radio Shack) is all the hardware you'll need.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
If you're not too worried about the price, I'd suggest an ISF calibration on your tv. That will give your tv the absolute best picture possible, that can be on your tv. It runs somewhere between $300 - $500 (I think, but don't hold me to it). Contact here at these forums. He's a moderator. He can usually be found in the Display Devices forum area. He can tell you the price, and when someone will be in your part of the country to do it. People that's had it done say it's worth every penny. Not sure if they do audio calibrations while there, or not. If not, one of the discs and SPL meter mentioned before will get the job done on that. Good luck!

ramtin

Auditioning
Real Name
ramtin ram
Thanks for the info.. Avia looks good... Avia pro is $400.. at that price it sounds more promising... if i wanna do this at a professional level... what do you think about AVIA Pro?

ramtin

Auditioning
Real Name
ramtin ram
I mean i'm comparing DVE Pro to AVIA Pro... one is $40.. the other is $400... now i would liek to know if there is a big difference in quality of what you get from each?

Please let me know thanks guys :)

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'd pay the pro $400 first. He has and uses equipment that costs thousands, and gets it right. If all you get with Avia Pro is the disc and filters, there's no way I'd do that. Did you contact Gregg? He can tell you everything the pro does, and you'll see what I mean. They make adjustments you just can't make.

ramtin

Auditioning
Real Name
ramtin ram
yeah i just contacted him and asked him that..

see the story is that our company is growing very fast and we will need a calibration team very soon.. i'm a recording engineer myself but i am a member of the team and right now i am just researching to see what the best package would be for me ... i know when they started calibrating, it was a very big deal... very expensive courses and all that fancy stuff.... but i know that now all you need is a great disc that will run you through everything.. if you know what you're doing you should not have any problem doing it... so yeah that's why i wanna research first before i buy somthing...

thanks again )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks