What's new

Attention Sammy DLP Owners...Gaming Delay Problems???? (1 Viewer)

John Doh

Stunt Coordinator
This is for the Samsung DLP set owners, and those who game on it. I just read a user comment following an interesting review on Cnet (thanks Douglas-b) that says there is a delay (kind of like latency that you would have during online gaming) when you have a console hooked up to these sets. He said that when you move around in a game, the Sammy DLP has a slight hesitation before it responds on the screen. Has anyone seen this? I am 1 month away from getting my 46"er DLP but this may be a showstopper for me. Please respond, thanks!

Ufdah

Auditioning
I've played Gamecube through an RCA in on my dad's 50" Samsung DLP and experienced zero lag. If it was there it was less than 30ms, not noticeable.

Shane Morales

Second Unit
I play XBOX on my Sammy DLP all the time. Never noticed any lag at all.

As for that review, I'd say the lag was due to being online.

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I just bought a Samsung HLN-567W. I have both a Playstation2 and a Nintendo Gamecube. My friends and I got together at my place this weekend since my Samsung was just delivered on Saturday. We played hours of Madden 2004 and Tiger Woods 2004 on the PS2. No lag. I also played quite a bit of Animal Crossing on the Gamecube. No lag. And again, if it is there, it certainly isn't anything I noticed at all.

I don't think it's anything you need to be too concerned with. Buy the Samsung. It's an awesome set!!

Scott.

Leo_P

Second Unit
I have an Xbox hooked up to a 43" Samsung DLP and have NEVER noticed any "lag" problem.

John Doh

Stunt Coordinator
This is all great news guys, I appreciate the feedback. I was getting REALLY bummed whe I read that post. Well in a few months I'll my Sammy too, thanks again!!

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
Yea, that is good news! My biggest factor in not buying that tv wasn't because of what that kid wrote (although it did concern me with over $3,000 in games)...it was the price. The tv did look good.
I wasn't trying to stir anything up people that own that tv...just passing on what I read. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks