What's new

Arrow Video Sale at Diabolik DVD through 10/3/22 (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Diabilok DVD is currently having a sale on Arrow BD and UHD releases through 10/3/22. The prices for the titles I checked were better than Amazon, the site has $5 bulk shipping on your entire order, and they do not charge sales tax. I picked up three UHD titles -- 12 Monkeys, An American Werewolf in London, and True Romance.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
One of the best deals (relative to prior US or UK sale prices) is with the Shawscope Vol1 set for $72, but it's $8 shipping and has to be ordered by itself so you can't combine shipping with a bunch of other titles.

The item has been in and out of stock over the last couple weeks since the sale started, but they seem to be receiving more every few dyas and sending them out as the get them. I ordered mine late last week and got dispatch notice this morning.

Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
There are about 6 or 7 titles I like, but I already have all of them. Some of the ones they have are really weird.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Too bad I already own most of the titles I'd want on disc or (extremely cheap) digital. Not sure what Arrow sales B&N runs anymore, but some titles I've bought thru B&N did get somewhat cheaper than this during those (previous) sales IIRC -- it's been a couple years though since I last bought an Arrow disc from B&N.

And the oft recurring, super-low priced digital sales on iTunes have definitely spoiled me (much more than usual) for such otherwise nicely attractive sales for high quality, Criterion-comparable releases...

I'm hoping for a better Shawscope Vol 2 set myself as Vol 1 just doesn't seem interesting enough to me... although $72+shipping is a pretty good bargain for such a large set (that might be worth it if even just 1/3 the titles are desired). But then again, they'd probably be better off releasing most/all such Shaw Brothers titles that interest me as standalones or maybe some sort of related double-feature perhaps instead. Of such they already released, Come Drink with Me and 8 Diagram Pole Fighter are excellent wuxia/martial arts classics -- I already own prior UK import BDs (released by some other company) apparently struck from same transfers/masters though.

Hmmm... actually, maybe I misremembered or never actually saw the full list of titles (nor actual reviews) for that Shawscope Vol 1 set. Doublechecking just now makes me wonder if I shouldn't be more interested (though maybe more for the nostalgia than actual quality of titles, LOL), especially at this bargain/sale price level... And yes, the apparently announced Vol 2 set does look a bit more attractive to me as well...

_Man_

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The BN Arrow 50% Off MSRP sales the last couple years have either run concurrently with the July/Nov Criterion sales or this summer they had a 2 week offset where the last 2 weeks of the Arrow and first 2 week of Criterion ran together.

Generally the Diabolik prices are a bit better unless you can leverage some of the other BN GC discounts since coupons/member discount no longer work. From US/UK dual releases, some of the Zavvi/Arrow direct sales prices still are cheaper even accounting for the increased prices/shipping costs/sales tax since The Hut Group bought Arrow.

it's not the drastic difference it was in the past, but still 10-20% cheaper for some groups of titles. I used to get some of the UK singles for $10-12 ea vs $20 for the US equivalent release during the 50% sales (or $25-30 for some of the bigger UK sets vs 40-50 for the US sets), now it's closer to $15-17. The logos may bother some people, but for 40-60% saving I have no probably with UK ratings logos

The Shaw Box 1 was $90 at the last BN sale (97 with my tax) and a couple local BN stores had it in stock and no spider wraps - I had some 10-20% discounted GC I decided to use on Criterions so the $80 Diabolik price makes me think i made the right choice. I'm not sure the UK box has even dropped under $100 shipped.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
And the oft recurring, super-low priced digital sales on iTunes have definitely spoiled me (much more than usual) for such otherwise nicely attractive sales for high quality, Criterion-comparable releases...
I have taken advantage of those iTunes sales for a lot of Arrow titles, too. Those $2.99 digital sales are difficult to resist. I must have over 30 titles.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I ordered three titles. Might have ordered more, but I'd also bought a few digitally at one of those prior sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks