What's new
World Wide Stereo

Are These Real 8K High Speed Cables (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was shopping on Amazon for some high speed cables to see if it would help with the screen blanking occurring with my ATV4K. So I ordered these: .

When they arrived first thing I noticed is the packaging is good but there is no brand name. I took a picture of the cable. Is it marked correctly?
1654629819607.jpeg

728x90

_vlad

Auditioning
Real Name
Bart
Hard to tell just from a photo.

You should be looking for HDMI cables that come with a QR code on the packaging that you can scan with your phone and verify. It looks like this;

HS_Label_150x323-96i_QR_sample.png

The 8K HDMI cables from Monoprice that have the word 'certified' in the product name are verified and come with that QR code.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Hard to tell just from a photo.

You should be looking for HDMI cables that come with a QR code on the packaging that you can scan with your phone and verify. It looks like this;

View attachment 141073
The package doesn’t have the QR code, so maybe they’re not. Shopping on Amazon you often don’t see the package.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Did the Amazon description have anything stating certified?
No it did not. I even noticed a review complaining about that. I’m returning them and looking for a certified cable. Care to recommend any on amazon?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That one is not certified. This one is:

There are several certified ones which is why I buy mine directly from Monoprice's site as they tend to have more product information along with the certified tag.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I have been very happy with a number of Maxonar cables. Very sturdy. Good feel. 100% effective. Certified. High ratings

Limited-time deal: 8K HDMI Cables 6.6FT, Maxonar (Certified) Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 Cord 48Gbps 8K60 4K120 144Hz eARC HDR HDCP 2.2&2.3 Compatible with Playstation 5/PS5, Xbox Series X, Roku/Fire/Sony/LG Samsung TV
https://a.co/d/8I20jtW

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The price difference is negligible. I don’t understand why anyone would try to cheap out on a few dollars when reliable and sturdy cables are easily available at good prices.
I completely agree. I upgraded all my cables three years ago and back then 48 gb/s cables were 3-4x the price, so I went with 18gb/s. If I did it today i’d definitely go with 48s

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks