What's new

Are there any 50" or larger LCDs comparable in quality to the Kuro? (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I don't know. I have a Panasonic, and I don't like the recent trends of their ever cheaper prices along with questionable performances advances over prior models. Like a lot of people, I would pay more for a better panel. Hopefully Pioneer continues to carry the torch for the best performing panels even if manufacturing is going to soon be done by Panasonic.

chrischaos

Grip
Real Name
Chris Marquart
I have the Panny PZ750 50" and am very happy. The only panel better IMO is the Kuro. I believe the new OLED technology will be affordable in about 5 years. That will be my next panel. 1 Mil-1 contrast ratio! Can't wait.

Tyoneon

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
The only LCDs that can come close to the Kuros are the new Samsung 81-series LED backlit panels. They have very compelling blacks, and color fidelity is good. Most people agree though that the Pioneer Elites are still better.

Tyoneon

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
While I am glad the HT reviewer agrees with me I have to say I think you have to take the majority of their opinions with a very large grain of salt, indeed.

Hey Kevin,

There is a new site out there that just got started you may want to check out for unbiased opinions on things like this. Check out: TweakTV - Home

starrin

Auditioning
Real Name
Roy

They did; last fall: Go back to the same link, and scroll down to "MORE LCDS"
On that page scroll down until you come to the review.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
But not as part of that comparo. :) And even still, the Sony is good, but not as good as a Kuro or even Panasonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks