What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Are current wireless controllers responsive? (1 Viewer)

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
I have considered upgrading to wireless controllers for my ps2, Game Cube, and Xbox (and if available used, N64, Dreamcast and SNES.)
I have always been paranoid though during a pivotal point in a game, the button I tap may not respond immediately (kind of like a remote control, that occasionaly will not respond with the first button press)
Anyone use these for any of the systems?
Am I just being paranoid?
If so, what are some good brands for the above consoles or should I stick with first party controllers only?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
..am using a Logitech Wireless controller for Xbox. So far so good...have had buttons "stick" a few times while new but nothing recently. As for twitch reactions, I haven't noticed a difference yet between wired and wireless.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Dean:

For the PS2 and Xbox, I would highly recommend Logitech's wireless controllers. Both have excellent range, are extremely responsive and have outstanding battery life (both take 2 'AA' batteries each and are good for at least 50 hours). I own one of each for both consoles.

From what I've read, Nintendo's own Wavebird is really the best for the Gamecube for all of the same reasons as the Logitechs (not sure about battery life though).

The Logitech wireless controller for the Xbox does command a $10 premium over the PS2's (why, I'm not sure), but it can be had for the same price as the PS2's at Target ($39.99 each). Be on the lookout for sales at Target; occasionally, wireless controllers receive 20-25% off regular prices.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Another thumbs up for the Logitech for Xbox, particularly the more recent one that more closely models the Controller S in size and layout. I've not noticed any lag across a number of game types including platforming. Seems battery life is very good as well. Only complaint might be the digital pad as it's a little loose, may not be ideal for fighting games. But still solid tactile feel.

ShelbyB

Stunt Coordinator
I also have the Logitech for PS2. Its been perfect so far. I prefer it other the stock Sony controller, which also is excellent. Logitech just makes quality products, period.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I give the wavebird for GC two big thumbs up in both reliability, and battery life. It seems to reliable right up to the bitter end (as far as battery life goes).

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
yeah the logitechs are pretty good, I havent been able to us eothers to compare them with thou, but I really like the feel of the logitech.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks