What's new

AppleTV Message in Catalina (1 Viewer)

OzzieP

Grip
Real Name
OzzieP
Switch to Catalina, probably a mistake since everything was working smoothly but not not so much.

The easy one first, hopefully somebody knows it since my searches have not worked out. ATV and Music have spilt from iTunes and on my iMac my black ATV logo has a red 1 on it. I suspect it is either an update or a message but it is up to date and I have no idea what it means or how to get rid of it.

Second question, I have been running a mac mini with external hard drive as my media server to the various ATV boxes. I simply left iTunes open with file sharing on and I got my Music and Videos available to my ATV boxes. Now with the split of music and movies, do I need both apps open now instead of one?

The last and probably the hardest is File sharing. I have an iMac that I normally work on and send me music and video files to my mac mini thru my ethernet with file sharing. I used to be able to drag and drop a folder from one finder(iMac) to the other finder(mac mini) while on a screen share. This is no longer possible. I can only seem to drag it from my mac folder to the mac mini desktop. File sharing on and hard drive selected on both macs for read and write.

Thanks

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Second question, I have been running a mac mini with external hard drive as my media server to the various ATV boxes. I simply left iTunes open with file sharing on and I got my Music and Videos available to my ATV boxes. Now with the split of music and movies, do I need both apps open now instead of one?

Since you're already running Catalina, the easiest thing to do might be to try it both ways: first with just one Mac app running; then, if necessary, with both.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks