What's new

Apple TV 4K official (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't like that (as far as I can tell) they got rid of your iTunes Wish List.

I spent a lot of time loading that with titles I wanted to buy, putting ones I wanted the most towards to top, etc.

And am I nuts or can you not delete the now old iTunes app?
I couldn’t agree with you more about losing the Wish List.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I rarely ever bought stuff directly via my ATV4K (and almost never TV series in Apple/iTunes), so didn't even realize there's a wishlist feature there... and yeah, I'd be very annoyed at that loss, if I did -- I only use Cheap Charts' wishlist myself.

_Man_

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I love my Apple TVs. But reading the backlash and comments, I turned my updates off & haven't installed them.

For those that installed, have you gotten used to the changes? Is it much to do about nothing?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I upgraded both my AppleTV's and haven't noticed any changes or problems that would cause the lamentations. I haven't read anything on this update so it must be with features I never used. I mostly live inside the aTV app itself and it looks the same to me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I upgraded both my AppleTV's and haven't noticed any changes or problems that would cause the lamentations. I haven't read anything on this update so it must be with features I never used. I mostly live inside the aTV app itself and it looks the same to me.
If you don't use the iTunes app then yeah, you wouldn't notice much difference. Those of us that use that app because we have issues with the AppleTV app are the people that are unhappy with this update.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ah it’s the “iTunes Movies“ and “iTunes Music” that are affected, not the “iTunes” app that I thought you were talking about.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ah it’s the “iTunes Movies“ and “iTunes Music” that are affected, not the “iTunes” app that I thought you were talking about.
Bingo! I don't even use iTunes Music because I have Apple music app like you. It's losing iTunes Movies and iTunes TV because there are some functions that AppleTV app doesn't have like "Wish List" which I populated with titles that I want to purchase but are too expensive right now.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My 1st gen Apple TV 4K upgraded during the day yesterday (I saw the light flashing while I was watching football via my Roku Ultra). As mentioned by others, the Movies and TV apps no longer worked -- they each just pop up a message saying to use the Apple TV app. I moved those apps to a separate folder to clean things up, since they no longer function.

The Apple TV app works for me, since I am used to that being my only access via the Roku devices which are our only streaming devices attached to every TV except for the one in the main home theater. I do feel for those folks who lost functionality in this change. Apple really should have addressed those functions before pushing this "update".

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So I just updated the software on my ATV and now my LG magic remote doesn’t work.

Any ideas?

Kevin Clancy

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Clancy
My ATV units are still on tvOS 17.1. I refuse to upgrade until they install Wish Lists.
In 17.4 the Wish List is still available through the iTunes Movies app, it's just not available in the Apple TV app, which of course a tenuous situation should they get rid of iTunes Movies completely.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, as I just mentioned in the digital deals thread, I finally decided to just write a review for the AppleTV app (in their App Store) to complain about some key problems w/ it (and briefly comparing it to iTunes app). I suggest others do the same.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks