Apple Glasses (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I had forgotten about this...

I was just sitting here looking through YouTube videos and came upon this one below...

Of course, this video is based upon rumors, not factual information.

However, one thing that I found fascinating was that, if true, these glasses can adjust to any prescription so that the days of having to go through that process could be over.

The only thing I don't like is that all the eyewear will most likely look the same which won't provide a variety of different styles.

I am looking forward to this product being announced within the next year or so

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I've been hoping for adjustable eyeglasses to actually work for years. There have been a couple of attempts, but they were based on mechanical means to adjust to prescription. If they've figured out a way to have a prescription that's adjustable via electronic means, that would be really something.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I've been hoping for adjustable eyeglasses to actually work for years. There have been a couple of attempts, but they were based on mechanical means to adjust to prescription. If they've figured out a way to have a prescription that's adjustable via electronic means, that would be really something.

Absolutely. I *think* the fact these glasses rely on the processing power of the iPhone, that MIGHT now be a possibility.

Another thing...

I always lose my glasses. I have wasted quite a number of hours over my lifetime looking where I left my glasses. They haven't invented a BlueTooth tracker to stick on eyewear. I would assume that the Apple Glasses can easily be found if misplaced through the FINDMY app.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Indeed.

There are two things I hate shopping for more than I think most people do: glasses and shoes. I just want to make the decision once and be done with it. I’ve reordered the same pair of shoes for everyday wear for nearly 20 years now; they fit me well and are comfortable and that’s good enough for me. I don’t care to rethink that every six months or a year.

For glasses, I would be so happy to just have one frame, one style and be done with the whole thing. I know a lot of people can wear different frames interchangeably but my eyes really don’t like that. It takes them a while to adjust to a new frame (even with same prescription) so if I could wind up with one pair that could be adjusted for prescription changes and the style stayed the same for years and years, I’d be very happy about that.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Yeah, I'll believe that "automatically adjusting prescription" when I see it. And even if it did work it probably wouldn't work for my myopic, presbyopic, aging eyes.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
However, one thing that I found fascinating was that, if true, these glasses can adjust to any prescription so that the days of having to go through that process could be over.

If you're going by rumors sites, I'd place more credence on this one.

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/apple-glasses/

These rumors suggest that Apple is working on glasses and headsets that provide an Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality experience, but that do NOT electronically simulate prescription lenses. The "Apple Glasses" section suggests that the "everyday wearable" version of the product is "several years away" – and that there might be options to get prescription lenses for "an additional cost."

In other words, the added value of the glasses is to project a "heads-up" display (possibly in connection with a paired iPhone or Apple Watch), and you'll still need to get prescription corrections the traditional (optical) way.

OwenRubin

Grip
Indeed.

There are two things I hate shopping for more than I think most people do: glasses and shoes.
Oh I so agree with this, but…

“I just want to make the decision once and be done with it. I’ve reordered the same pair of shoes for everyday wear for nearly 20 years now; they fit me well and are comfortable and that’s good enough for me. I don’t care to rethink that every six months or a year.”

I’m curious what pair of shoes you have been able to reorder for 20 years. I can’t think of a single pair I have liked that I could get for more than a few year. Today, I buy Sketchers and they change styles every year. I like the shoes, but I have to buy 3 or 4 pairs if I want them longer than a year.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Oh, do I love Merrell shoes. Thanks to you, I just put in an order for one of these as I have been meaning to do that for some time.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Oh, do I love Merrell shoes. Thanks to you, I just put in an order for one of these as I have been meaning to do that for some time.

My wife just hates how they look - but I have a wide foot and went the first two decades of my life wearing shoes that looked fine but felt awful. I’ll accept that these shoes make me look like a geriatric athlete in the retirement home because my feet and back no longer ache!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Just looked at these. Beautiful boots.

I'll pick one of these up for the winter. Thanks for the recommendation
They have low cuts and high tops. The low is the stability of a boot without the look of a boot. A hiking shoe you can wear out or to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks