Anyone Wanting To Sell JBL Surround Speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Nick.S, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Nick.S

Nick.S Stunt Coordinator

I was playing with my system last night and during the test I realized that one of my surround speakers sounded really low. I took it off the wall and looked at the top tweeter and it was cracked. Also no sound is coming from the woofer on it. I hooked it up to a diff channel and it sounded the same. It is a JBl E10. If anyone has a pair of these or the e20's and is wanting to upgrade theirs I am willing to purchase some used ones! (dont have the money right now for a new pair) I would like to stick with JBl but I am willing to look at a few others.

Thanks
    Nick

2. Yung

Yung Stunt Coordinator

Don't you have a 5 yr warranty on these speakers? Contact JBL and they can send you replacement parts. A new pair of E10's goes for about $90.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Sounds like you underpowered them severely. What receiver are you using?

4. Nick.S

Nick.S Stunt Coordinator

I am using the Yamaha 2400. I would not think that reciever would underpower these speakers. I have had partys and have turned up the music very very loud. If anything I probably blew it out.

TooHuge

5. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

Nick: you have a PM.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    It is FAR less likely to damage a speaker by overpowering it than underpowering it. Playing anything very, very loud is what causes this - the receiver simply runs out of current for the volume you are asking of it, which in turn tends to damage speakers.