What's new

back speaker placement (1 Viewer)

weird_home_theater

Auditioning
Real Name
Mats
Hi!
I currently have a 5.1 speaker system and have 2 extra speakers available.
In the picture below you can see where i want to place them. The idea is that the sound bounces on the roof onto the listeners.
I am not sure as what kind of speakers i would mark them in my AV. Do is say top speakers or dolby atmos speakers or surround back speakers?

Attachments

• 1675549355289.png
    1675549355289.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 58

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
Hi!
I currently have a 5.1 speaker system and have 2 extra speakers available.
In the picture below you can see where i want to place them. The idea is that the sound bounces on the roof onto the listeners.
I am not sure as what kind of speakers i would mark them in my AV. Do is say top speakers or dolby atmos speakers or surround back speakers?
Looks like you have dolby enabled speakers on the ground, pointed toward the ceiling. If so, I'd scrap that idea, it would sound terrible and Dolby doesn't recommend that type of speaker placement. You may better off using them for the front Atmos speakers.

If they are normal bookshelf/satellite speakers, I have mine about 1-1/2' behind my listening position, mounted about 1' above the listening position, and have each in line and across from the front speakers. They sound really good there. They are Surround "BACK" Speakers, not Atmos. I then have the Surround "SIDE" Speakers directly in-line with the listeners ears to the sides, about 1' above the listening position.

I get a 360 degree rear sound field with this 7.1 speaker system.

With my Media room system which is only 5.1, my surround speakers are to the side, and slightly behind the listening position. The 5.1 Media Room system DOES NOT offer a 360 degree sound field like the 7.1 system in my living room does.

Having Surround Back Speakers is so much more important than adding Atmos speakers. First get the 7.1 speakers, then add Atmos speakers after.

amaris

Auditioning
Real Name
Allen M
I'm fairly new to the atmos set ups, but I can say having 7.1 (surround and surround back) has been great for most people watching with my set up. At some point I'll add atmos to the front, but getting the surround up and back SEEMS more important. My 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks