Anyone use the JVC JX-S111 or Shinybow SB-5470 component video switch?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by David Ely, May 19, 2004.

1. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

I'll be needing a component video switch that can support HDTV signals. It will be switching between my Xbox and an HDTV receiver. I've been considering the JVC JX-S111 as it's priced well.

I also been looking at the Shinybow SB-5470, which I found on Ebay. One benefit of this unit is that it has a remote.

Anyone have experience with either switch? Is there another I should be looking at in the same price range?

2. Orlando

Orlando Stunt Coordinator

I have been using 2 JVC's and like them alot.

3. MikeMe

MikeMe Auditioning

I had the ShinyBow switch, but it had some strange interferance problems. Seems like one of the inputs would cause noise on the others.

I replaced it with the Video-Storm switch (CSW02 I think), and now have a perfect picture. The remote interface is great too, doesn't need a seperate remote.

4. MikeMe

MikeMe Auditioning

I had the ShinyBow switch, but it had some strange interferance problems. Seems like one of the inputs would cause noise on the others.

I replaced it with the Video-Storm switch (CSW02 I think), and now have a perfect picture. The remote interface is great too, doesn't need a seperate remote.

5. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

6. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

7. Jay Blair

Jay Blair Second Unit

Until very recently I was using the JVC switchbox and liked it. Much better quality using this for component than trying to use one of the composite switchboxes people are recommending and using the composite output with the stereo lines to run component. I tried this and always found some degradation of the image that went away with the JVC.

8. Jay Blair

Jay Blair Second Unit

Until very recently I was using the JVC switchbox and liked it. Much better quality using this for component than trying to use one of the composite switchboxes people are recommending and using the composite output with the stereo lines to run component. I tried this and always found some degradation of the image that went away with the JVC.

9. David Ely

I ended up buying the JVC switch. I'm quite impressed with the performance so far.

10. David Ely

I ended up buying the JVC switch. I'm quite impressed with the performance so far.