What's new

Anybody know anything about the Conan the Barbarian Box set? (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have the R4 of both conan movies. the 5.1 on conan the barbarian is awesome.

JACOB

Terry St

Second Unit
the real story behind conan the destroyer.. was that the studio cut the movie for a PG rating, and universal has the uncut R rated version..
I'm not a big fan of the sequel, but I'd buy an R-rated or unrated version of it since it might pass for a real Conan movie once the nudity and bloody violence are put back in. :D

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Over at Amazon.com they have a Conan BOX SET to be released this coming Tuesday (the 20th). Is the Conan: The Destroyer DVD the same as the original release? A Future Shop close to me is selling the box set for $16.99. Not bad at all!

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
its the old one.. no new special edition yet for region 1. this year marks the 20th anniversary of conan the destroyer.. hopefully we will get lucky with a special edition release of conan the destroyer.. the real version..

I don;t know if the uncut version will improve the movie or not.. it probably won;t better then the first movie.. but alot better then what we have seen already.. kinda like alien 3 and legend.

JACOB

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Just bought the "Conan" Box Set. Disappointed to see that it is only ONE disc and it's a flipper with each movie on its respective side. Does anyone know if the video quality is the exact same as the existing DVDs, especially Conan the Barbarian?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I really doubt its a new transfer. Universal seems to want to release both titles every 6 months. Its cheaper to get the complete quest then buying them separately.

JACOB

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I also bought this box set but waiting on it to arrive. I did so because one of the online descriptions stated that the first movie was the 2 disc special edition with all of its extra features included in the package. Is this incorrect?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Its a one disc.. with conan the barbarian on side 1 and conan the destroyer on side 2. conan the destroyer is missing the production notes and cast & info. It just has a trailer.. I think conan the barbarian is also missing the production notes.. I have posted screenshots from the disc: www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdouglasp2/conan2.html

JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks