What's new

Any suggestion about speaker/receiver? (1 Viewer)

RusselHavey

Auditioning
Hi, guys,
I am about to shop around to set up my first home theater. Ready to spend even more than a thousand for a good receiver and a set of speakers (of course won't be the top line, but hey...).
So far, from what I heard, Boss seems still have the best name, I just test listened in Fry's (LA), the boss upper line does sound better, these are the package of over $1000 and $2000, the AM-10 and AM-15, 5 small ones plus a sub.
Do you think there are any other brands actually has a better sound/price ratio than boss, I am open and new to these world, please suggest.
On the receiver side, I used to hear about Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha, Hanmar/Kardon (Fry's only carry Hanmar/Kardon) are the top brands. This is maybe my fauls impression after all. what would be the best choice if I want to spend 400-500 at most on a receiver?
Again, I am not too crazy about spending money though I am will to pay if it makes good difference. So as far as the price goes, the less the better.
Feel this forum might be the place grouped most experienced people, plese give me some suggestion. I'd appreciate it.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
It's Bose, not Boss, and if you do a search here, you'll find that most people on this forum think they're overpriced for the sound quality. Spend some time reading through old threads, and you'll get some idea of what the good speaker brands are. Sean is right, for that kind of money, you can get a 5 speaker setup that will utterly and completely humiliate Bose.
Have fun.

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Forget the BOSE Russel...check out Definitive Technology at www.definitivetech.com
I have heard a good setup of BOSE AM15...Definitive bipolars blow them away easily.
How much are you willing to spend? You should check out DT's bipolar powered towers (maybe 2006TL?)...amazing speakers with music and movies (and you should be able to get 10-20 percent off list)!
Check out yamaha receivers...great match with DT's!
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks