What's new

Any one else going crazy waiting for their SVS PCi? (1 Viewer)

Chris_O

Agent
After reading about subwoofers for about a month I decided I was going to order an SVS this summer, but then SVS introduced the PCi with the intoductory prices that were do good to pass up. I placed my order for a 20-39 PCi on March 2.
I was happy to wait until this summer when I planned on buying but now that I have ordered I am really going crazy while I wait. I have read everything I could find about SVS, went over the calibration procedures several times, went through my reciever manual's section for sub setup, and probally the saddest thing I've done- I printed out a 8x10 photo of a 20-39 sub off of SVS's website to hang on my refrigerator so I could see the sub everyday while I wait.
I keep telling myself it is only as subwoofer, but I am just extremly excited. I don't have a sub at all right now. I even stopped watching action movies(and other low base films) until my sub gets here.
What is everyone else doing to pass the time?
Chris:D

Norman Short

Stunt Coordinator
No, but I'm impatiently waiting on my 20-39CS+. I ordered it a week ago but still no shipping order. I heard on a thread they are waiting on a shipment for the plus drivers which explains my wait, but yours might be even longer than mine, even if we both get them in the next week or two.

I still have my KSW-15 but it's just not the same plugging in an action movie knowing the SVS will soon be in its place. I've been trying to hold off watching anything that I'll want to watch over again with the SVS, which is leaving television and comedies and such.

Chris_O

Agent
Yeah,
There are several movies I am going to have to watch again once my SVS arrives, but I a really looking forward to it. Most of my favorites I own so I won't have to rent very many again.:)

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
To pass the time...

I go see movie theaters in true THX environments at Edwards Cinema Stadiums.

I audition speakers I'll never be able to afford

I sit in my car and play my duel 200watt 10" subs with component alpine system powered by soundstream.

I wear pricey sennheiser headphones and listen to music and realize how good they sound.

If I was you I would start organizing and treating the room for rattles so that you won't have to when the sub arrives.

Art_C

Stunt Coordinator
I think on one of the threads Ron said that they were expect to get the amp on the 14th and begin shipping the first batch of PCi at in couple of weeks. So I guess we should start to hear the shipping confirmation for the people that's on the top of the list in about 2 weeks or so. I can't wait. :D Placed my order on the 27th so by the time all is said and done I would have waited for more than a month for my SVS... What a torture!!! ;)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I fully commiserate with you guys...I am order #2421, which means there are at least 80 orders that have to ship before mine (I looked for the earliest orderer I could find on the forum, and did the subtraction). But, as hard as it is to wait this long, I keep telling myself it will all be worth it once I get the sub! Besides, it's kind of fun to have something to look forward to like this...I feel like a little kid who can't wait for Christmas!!!

Marcelo T

Stunt Coordinator
Well, that´s nothing. My 20-39+ was shipped in february, and the ship to my country will arrive around april 11. I have stoped renting movies and hearing cds. At least they build a THX movie theater in my city, so it can easy the pain :D

Chris_O

Agent
February to April, now that is a long wait. Now I don't feel so bad. I did see a post by Tom, posted on the 15th that said he is expecting the PCi's to start shipping in 7-10 days. So hopefully not to much longer.

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
I'm so excited for my new 20-39pci that I actually had a dream about it the other night, I normally wouldn't tell anybody but I figured you guys would know exactly what I'm going through:b .

When I ordered the sub I asked Erik what number on the list I am and he said Approx. 85 and my order number is 2741. So hopefully this gives some of you a better idea.

Dave

MarkMac

Stunt Coordinator
When I ordered the sub I asked Erik what number on the list I am and he said Approx. 85 and my order number is 2741. So hopefully this gives some of you a better idea.
Hey Dave, was that part of the dream? or was that reality?:D
I'm order#2728 for a 20-39PCi. I'm dreaming about it right now...and I'm still awake!

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
In the dream I already had it and what a beautiful thing it is.:D
Now if only the real thing would get here soon:frowning:

Hank_P

Second Unit
*raising hand* Yes, I'm going crazy. I pace back and forth, I vacuum the floor where the new baby is going to go. I keep popping in on the forums to get any hints on when the first ones may start shipping. I've made sure I have a fresh battery in my SPL meter, and already have the setup disk in my DVD changer.. No. 2 bookmarked to audio setup. I constantly go through my movies looking and marking all the one with really cool bass. ...I keep showing friends my new baby pictures... yes, I have it bad. ..but I'm excited!

I ordered my 20-39 at the end of Feb., about two days after they made the announcement of the PCi's. *crossing fingers* ..hoping mine might be in the early shipments at the end of the month.

SanfordL

Stunt Coordinator
I feel like Hopper in Bug's Life (yeah, we have a 8 month old who loves the movie :) ) "Where's MY FOOD?"
I am order #2656, and still no word yet. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of mine so I can watch U-571, The Matrix, and Toy Story 2 again.
Tom, if you guys need any help on your logistics, I have been doing 3rd party logistics for the last 9 years, and might be able to help you speed things up. ;)
Dave, are the order numbers assigned (if you know) per each class of sub (I am waiting on the 16-46 ) or is it a cumulative deal? I am just wondering (hoping really, but that's ok) if I can expect it by mid April.:emoji_thumbsup:

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
I ordered a b-stock 20-39 with the new driver and the old amp. It should be here tomorrow. WooHoo! I also bought a calibration disk, so I'll be ready to go. The bad news is we're having our floors redone. That won't be finished until Thurs. Also, I'm replacing one of my front speakers. That won't be here until Monday. My SVS will be sitting in the box for almost a week before I get to use it. WooHoo!

BTW I actually had a dream last night that I fired up the SVS and it sounded like crap!

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
I came home today and checked my email and I saw a email from SVS. I got all excited thinking they were telling me my SVS shipped out but it was only an report on when they expect to ship all the SVS orders :frowning:
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks