What's new

ANY NEWS ON TOMORROW'S RELEASE OF sci fi ultimate box set 2 from BEST BUY? (2 Viewers)

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
the message speaks for itself. Is this happeneing or has it been cancelled?

Charles H

Screenwriter
Nothing in Sunday's "Best Buy" flyer or on their website. Apparently it's so exclusive that neither Best Buy nor Universal is aware of it.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Ok time for some old fashion networking, i know that a lot on this site have been asking, if this is really going to happen, then this weeks flyer came out and not a damn thing was listed. Well just to let you know it has not been cancelled it is happening. i decided to go a different route and call one of the stores, actual got ahold of someone who was willing to go and do their job, and search and not just the web site. so for all of you having difficulty this will help.

item # 8402622
item listed as classic sci fi v2 cl vx

the local store has like 26 copies in stock, and i will be in the parking lot early, just to get one. hopefully tis will help if the say they dont have it, call in advance and check nothing still on the website, this year maybe B&M is the way to go about getting this. take the stock number with you or item name when you pick it up they might have to look in the back.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Best Buy is slipping badly as a company ... the good news is that some people already have the set (one guy got it Saturday at a Best Buy which put it out early.) So we don't have to worry as to whether it exists or not. If we can actually find it tomorrow is another story ... we might have to ask one of those sharp clerks to get it out of the back.

Danoldrati

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Oldrati
HI
I just called Best buy and gave then the Sku# and item number. They never heard of it. they said I wasn't the first person to call. If you get any more information please let everybody know.
Good Luck
Dan

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I was hoping to buy this online so I do not have to run around town to find a copy in store. Has anybody found the Best Buy link yet? I have not been able to find it.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
Still nothing on the Best Buy Site..... I am astonished that a major studio with a pedigree like Universal can employ the services of such a badly run company like Best Buy to distribute their exclusive Halloween titles... will these ever materialise on their website for mail order customers?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm still not understanding why Best Buy is being labeled as a bad guy in this? Most people saw about 20 copies available at the stores. It's limited so it's only available on their website (just like a bonus disc). I'm not saying that they're perfect but Universal is the company that decided to go with making it an exclusive (which screws over countries outside of the U.S. or people that don't have a BB in their area) and scalpers who are buying multiple copies are taking copies from fans. They seem to deserve alot more blame than BB.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
It's available in Manhattan stores. I got mine at the BB on 5th and 44th. There were plenty of copies in New Releases and Sci-F (under C for "Classic"). In case anyone's wondering, box specs are THE LAND UNKNOWN 2.35 and CULT OF THE COBRA and THE LEECH WOMAN 1:85, all 16:9-enhanced.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
If you live in the Towson/Timonium/Lutherville area of Maryland, the Best Buy store on York Road had 17 copies on the cart (wasn't up on the shelf yet) this morning after I grabbed mine.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
i see the prices are already charging $50... its seems like the scalpers on e bay are going into a buying frenzy!!! sci fi 2 is definately not on their website....

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The Edgewood/Reynoldstown Best Buy in Atlanta has a ton of copies. I'm looking at bits of the films and they're all the typical A+ Universal remasters. It's only $19.98 right now, which is a bargain for 5 restored and remastered films.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I had no trouble getting this today at our local Best Buy. I am in the Los Angeles area. They were out and in the store, but on some obscure rack...not in new releases, nor sci-fi section, so I asked a clerk and he led me right to it. They had plenty of copies too.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Couldnt find one in Tulsa tonight. Might have sold out, but they didnt even know what i was talking about when i asked.

I got mine at the Best Buy in downtown Baltimore on Pratt St. It was in the Sci-Fi section and there were six copies left on the shelf after I picked it up.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
They had 15 here in Huntsville when I stopped by there at lunch today. What struck me is that they had more of these on hand (which they didn't advertise), than they did of The Graduate (which they did advertise).

Makes you shake your head, it does. The lights are on, but nobody's home.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink

Could it be that there were fewer copies of The Graduate on hand because they advertised it, and thus had already sold many of their copies?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks