What's new

Any movies about The Bataan-Corregidor Death March? (1 Viewer)

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I searched IMDB and didn't come up with anything. But I also searched for Operation Market Garden and A Bridge Too Far didn't come up either...
My grandfather was in this march and would love to see a film about it.
Thanks,

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Just curious, but did he survive it? Amazing enough if he did.
I don't know about movies, but a new book about the topic is out that is getting rave reviews: "Ghost Soldiers" I highly recommend it.

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
Ghost Soldiers would make a fine movie...there are a number of wartime films about the Japanese capture and occupation of the Philippines, such as Bataan, They Were Expendable (both on DVD), The Story of Dr. Wassell and probably others. I'm not sure whether the death march is featured.
He might also like Empire of the Sun and Bridge on The River Kwai (on DVD) and King Rat which are about Japanese WW2 prison/internment camps.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Checkout the film "Back to Bataan" starring John Wayne and Anthony Quinn which has several references about the Death March and actual film of survivors.
Crawdaddy
------------------
Peter Staddon: "I didn't say you can put 'Monkeybone' back!"

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
Larry Schneider: ...ahh... Cecil B. De Mille's 1944 The Story Of Dr. Wassell is not about the Philippines, but about the (former) Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia) - the (basically true, but very & inevitably Hollywoodized & De Mille-ized & Technicolored) story takes place on the island of Java... there's even some Dutch dialog...
. . .
redface.gif
. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks