What's new

Any Babylon 5 S2 reviews yet? (1 Viewer)

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
Got my shipment confirmation today (4/24) from DeepDiscount. Should have it by Monday or Tuesday.

Problem is that I'm not sure what credit billing period this will be on. I was hoping for it to be on May's. I'm afraid it'll be on April's and that's gonna hurt me a bit.

You see my billing period ends somewhere within the last 7 days of the month and it varies from month to month.

Just got a different shipment from them today.

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
If you had a problem with the video quality of the S1 set, be aware that your equipment should be set to "video" rather than "film" or "auto-switch". Evidently the discs are misflagged and cause problems with auto-switching equipment when they go from live action (filmed) material to CGI (video) A lot of people reported problems with the S1 set that vanished as soon as they manually selected "video" mode.
I'm not familiar with those terms? Are those on the DVD player or on an 16x9 TV? My DVD player has "4x3 Widescreen", "4x3 Standard" "16x9 Widescreen". I always have it set to "16x9 Widescreen", and my monitor is a 4x3 Sony WEGA Flatscreen with 16x9 Enhanced Mode.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I'm not familiar with those terms? Are those on the DVD player or on an 16x9 TV? My DVD player has "4x3 Widescreen", "4x3 Standard" "16x9 Widescreen". I always have it set to "16x9 Widescreen", and my monitor is a 4x3 Sony WEGA Flatscreen with 16x9 Enhanced Mode.
They are settings on a 16x9 TV. I don't know if the WEGA has similar settings, though.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I can see buying Crusade, just to have the few episodes that were made and complete my B5 "collection", and because I enjoyed most of them. Also because really strong sales for a DVD set might get Warner Bros. interested in actively pitching the concept to a network again, or even looking at a TV movie or theatrical film as a way of tying off some of the plot loose ends. Unlikely, but it is about the only chance the show has, so it would be worth $30 or $40 to me on the off chance something good might follow.

Regards,

Joe

Rob T

Screenwriter
I should have been clearer. When the S1 set came out I had my full DD/DTS 5.1 system working just fine, and didn't notice any of the sound problems that people were whining about.
My bad. I was thinking you were talking about that onescene in Int The Beginning where the Grey Council ship flies in over Lenonn. That scene has always given me sound distortion. :frowning:

Season 1 has never given me any problems though. :)

SteveCarroll

Auditioning
There is a slight mistake in episode 1 and 2.

They use the title sequence with post-chrysalis Delenn. According to the Lurker's Guide, the first 2 eps had a picture of the original Delenn. Of course, this is also spoiled on the front cover.

However, if you are trying to protect a first time watcher from spoilers like I am, do not let them watch the opening sequence for episodes 1 and 2.

my fiance was quite pissed.

steve

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Joseph,

Have you heard anything about J.Michael's other show Jeremiah coming to dvd??

Thanks!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I think Jeremiah may be under a DVD embargo like Buffy was - no DVDs until after syndication. And Showtime has a two year exclusive on each season before it can be syndicated. :frowning:

Regards,

Joe

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know if the packaging for Season 2 is improved so that we don't have the floater and scratched disk problem ala Season 1?

Jay Reddy

Auditioning
Steve Carroll,

Could you explain a bit more about the mistakes in the first two episodes? I'm a first time viewer of B5, and I've just watched the first season on DVD. I've been meticulously avoiding any possible way to find out what happens in the later seasons, so I don't compromise what I'm told is pure genius storytelling. Could you elaborate a bit more on what I should avoid?

Thanks,

Jay

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Jay,

Do not watch the opening title sequence on episodes 1 or 2, as the images in it give away a spoiler.

Watch the opening scene and then skip past the credits to the second scene.

Andy

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I think the Super Saver Shipping @ Amazon was a mistake for my order, as mine has still not shipped. A change to standard shipping brings my total to $69ish and it still probably won't ship out in time for Tuesday. I canceled my order.

I will pre-order it for $79.99 @ Suncoast this weekend for triple points + 2000 bonus points. Makes the effective price about $68, sort of (two and a half $5 gift certs from the points). That way I can go pick it up on Tuesday and have it to watch while my fiancee is studying for finals.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
ATTN: Gag reel easter egg supposedly found (unsubstantiated). I found this post @ forums.b5tv.com @ http://forums.b5tv.com/showflat.php?...b=5&o=&fpart=1 .

It runs at 3m 10 seconds, so I don't know if this is "The" gag reel, but I've certainly seen all of this one before.
If's on disc 6. From the main menu:
Select "Special Features"
Select "The Universe of Babylon 5"
Select "Data Files"
Cursor down to "Project Lazarus"
Press left.
You should get a highlighted "5" logo appear.
Press select and your away.
Perhaps someone can substantiate this?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I got my set and no discs were loose in the package. So far ive watched the first 2 episodes and its better then anyway ive seen the show. There is a bit of the white dots in one part but like the first season its still low production value and i cant wait to watch the rest

Blu

Screenwriter
I haven't gotten my set as of yet but hopefully tomorrow!

I have a tracking number but don't have a clue as to what site I am supposed to use it on, I ordered Priority from DVDsoon.com which is 3-5 days.

So how are the sets all you lucky people that have gotten theirs already!?!?!?

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'll be looking for it tomorrow. If I can find it for less than (or at least approximately) $76.31 then I'll get it tomorrow. If not then I'll order it from Chapters. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks