What's new

Anthem D1/AVM20/AVM30 (1 Viewer)

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator
i currently own the avm 20 version 2.11 and i am very happy with it. i just starting noticing a loud pop that sometimes happens when i press pause or stop. this just recently started to happen , and it seems louder in the rear speakers for some reason. any idears??????????????? frank

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Frank,
I had v2.09 firmware installed on my AVM-20 for a while, and it used to pop a decent amount of the time when a digital audio stream was cut off (About 10% of the time). With 2.14, no such popping. Hope this helped.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
For those thinking of switching your AVM20 for a D1, be sure to leave more space and ventilation for the D1 in your rack, because it's putting some serious heat!

I was having some audio-loss because of the overheating Motorola chips, because my D1 was overheating. I did put 2 SilentX fans in the rack, and the problem is solved. But the D1 is producing alot more heat then the AVM20.

Besides this, the D1 sound fantastic! And I'm still searching for bugs... :D

Levesque

Supporting Actor
I just have one Servo-15 for now. I did exchange my other Servo-15 for a Signature Servo, but I'm still waiting for it... :frowning:

My room is 24'(L)X14'(W)X10.5'(H).

Rich_M

Auditioning
The more closely I look, the AVM 30 looks like the pre of choice for my needs. This thread has lots of good info, keep it coming. I may pull the trigger by mid August on the Anthem.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I finally found an AVM20 to replace my RSP-1066, but it's in black! Gack! The rest of my rack is silver...

Is the AVM30/D1 going to be available in silver as well? Can someone comment on the sonics of the AVM20 versus the AVM30 (or for that matter, the D1, which my local dealer just got in when I was there Friday)?

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Audio Excellece (Hwy7/Bayview) is where I saw it. It was still in a box, but I was told it would be installed in their theatre room in the next week or two. The service there is *excellent*. Talk to Ian (tall Chinese guy with glasses)...he's the VP or co-owner or something like that, and as such he can give you a better discount than the regular sales people can.

And while you're there, go upstairs and checkout the kiloWatt stuff from Musical Fidelity. If the amps don't make your jaw drop...find the kW remote. It's about the size of a brick! :D :D :D :D :D

Rich_M

Auditioning

Black, Mmmmmm. I like it.

Seriously, I understand your situation. I have all black in my rack and hate it when something is only available in Silver.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Well I've got a silver RMB-1075, which isn't saying much since it's 2/3 black anyways. I just got a silver Denon 2900 though ....

Although I suppose it won't be all that bad...Denon silver is nowhere even *CLOSE* to Rotel silver...

Anyone want to trade their silver for my black ? :D

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Thanks Drew, I'll try to get up there and check it out. I went back into Brack yesterday and poked around, talked to them a bit about the new rooms they're building now. They should be pretty cool when they finish.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
My initial impressions of my new (for me anyways, I bought it used) AVM-20 are very good. The configurability of it is amazing, light years beyond the Rotel RSP-1066 it replaced (which is still good, but the Anthem blows it out of the water, as it should for double the price). It's also no contest sonically, and I love pretty much everything about it except...

The display. Ugh. What a disaster. How Anthem produced such a good product with such a crappy display is beyond me. It looks like a block of yellow/green stuff from 10 feet away...you have to be right up close to it to even have a chance at reading it. Terrible. I might have to upgrade to the AVM30 just for that...I don't know how long I'll be able to stand it, and I've had it for only just over 24 hours.

My other thing is that it's black, and the rest of my rack is silver. If a couple hundred (probably closer to $1000CAD...) can get me an AVM30 in silver, new, with a warranty in my name, I'll probably spring for it. Now to just wait for my dealer to get a demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks