What's new

Anthem AVM-20 New Chipset (1 Viewer)

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Rich,
"Sorry if this has already been answered, but as one considering the Anthem, did they bump up the suggested retail price $300 on new units now being sold?"
That's suppose to be the plan, and it would seem reasonable that Anthem will raise the MSRP of the AVM-20 by the upgrade price. If the posts on this thread are any indication, most Anthem dealers are oblivious to the AVM-20's upgrade program or the future MSRP of the unit.
If I were interested in the AVM-20, I would try to buy one now if it had software version 1.16. This would indicate that it has the latest DSP board installed, requiring no hardware upgrade, just the software upgrade from Anthem's web site (meaning: free!). The dealer may not know that the latest chipset has been installed and may be working from the old MSRP of the AVM-20.
Not that anyone on this forum would try to save a few dollars by pulling one over on an Anthem dealer. :D
Michael

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
no one knows for sure...though it does appear those with more recent purchases are finding it more difficult to get pricing that may have been possible in the past. My opinion is that dealers are sticking to MSRP stronger than they did in the past to make up for any price change Anthem passed to them.

rich_h

Auditioning
I talked to a dealer today and he said the retail price will now be $3499. It sounds like Anthem is raising the dealer cost on the v2.0 units. So Michael, you are right, it would be wise to find a unit with v1.16 and do the software upgrade for free.

Unfortunately, I don't have the funds right now, so that isn't an option for me.

Rich

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
Where are all the reviews of the new chipset? Are the guys with the upgrade having too much fun viewing their movie collection to post their experiences so far? I look forward to reading as to whether or not they feel the upgrade was worth the wait and what may have been left out of the upgrade package.

Wayne

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I think it's about time for a new thread. Something along the lines of, "The Upgraded AVM-20 Thread" should do.

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Camp,
"I think it's about time for a new thread. Something along the lines of, "The Upgraded AVM-20 Thread" should do."
Sounds good to me. I wonder if we should ask Chas_T (thread originator) if we can close this thread so that all future AVM-20 upgrade reviews appear in a single location? Just a thought.
Wayne,
"Where are all the reviews of the new chipset?"
Hopefully Camp's suggestion of a new thread will get the ball rolling. My guess is that new AVM-20 owners, those fortunate to have the latest DSP board, may not have a comparison point for their upgrade since the AVM-20 may still be quite new to them. To most AVM-20 owners, it all sounds good! :)
I think once the "long term" owners get the DSP board upgrade along with the new software, there should be some reviews posted online. I know I will provide a review after my upgrade, regardless of the outcome. :emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown: My dealer is still waiting for the delivery of the new DSP board here in California.
Michael

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Sounds good to me. I wonder if we should ask Chas_T (thread originator) if we can close this thread so that all future AVM-20 upgrade reviews appear in a single location? Just a thought.
I agree.. When they get this long, it's easy to get lost in the forrest.

The new thread is active.

Cheers..
Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks