What's new

Announcing www.twilighttimemovies.com (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the price updated on A Month in the Country to 24.95 -- I didn't realize this was one of the 25 titles until they
sent the refund to me this morning.

Shockingly the Fright Night Package deal appears to be still alive.

The new website is very nice, but I'm going to beg and implore the website people to reconsider the nagging emails
"Oh, you left something in your cart, Why don't you complete the purchase"

I can't tell how annoying and frankly incredibly offensive I find those kind of email 'reminders.' Pretty much everyone seems
to be using them and with Amazon/BBY even after I empty my cart I still get those nag mails.
There are plenty of reasons I leave things in checkout carts from just trying on a movie, to building a purchase
for later, checking shipping, etc. The whole "We see what you you put in your basket" system is appalling.

Does anyone find those sort of reminders useful in any way? It's not something I've heard a lot of discussion about since the
retail sites started doing it so I'm not sure if it's just me or if the constant barrage of communications these days has
just gotten to point that people tune it out.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
David Norman said:
Shockingly the Fright Night Package deal appears to be still alive.

$150 plus shipping is pretty pricey for Fright Night. It can still be had for less than that on the resale market.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Malcolm R said:
$150 plus shipping is pretty pricey for Fright Night. It can still be had for less than that on the resale market.
Hmm, but the $150 buys all the other movies.

For me, I would have bought four of the five, anyway. So, the cost for Fright Night was not $150, but rather plus or minus $55 (or, the cost of A Month in the Country + the cost of Fright Night).

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
Congratulations, the new site looks lovely!

I was a chicken though and bought the Fabulous Baker Boys and the Purple Rose of Cairo through the old SAE site today, just because I was worried about bugs and stuff. But I'll be looking forward to buying more from the new site in the future!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
ijthompson said:
I was a chicken though and bought the Fabulous Baker Boys and the Purple Rose of Cairo through the old SAE site today, just because I was worried about bugs and stuff. But I'll be looking forward to buying more from the new site in the future!

The only thing I'd potentially be worried about is putting my credit card information on a brand new start-up site like this one. However, since they support Paypal, this wasn't an issue for me.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I look forward to using the new site once it accepts orders for Summer Lovers and A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy along with a few other titles I've been holding off purchasing.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Garysb said:
I noticed "The Way We Were" is still available on the original site but not on the new site. Anything else missing?

http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=26203

A quick side by side -- the new site seems to be missing.

SAE appears to have 126 BD, TT around 86 once you take out the DVD of To Whom It May Concern

Beloved Infidel

Bite the Bullet

Blue Lagoon

Blue Max

Bonjour Tristesse

Broadway Danny Rose

Cover Girl

Crimes and Msidemenours

Demetrious and the Gladiators

Desiree

The Disappearance

Drums Along the Mohawk

Exp in Terror

Fate is the Hunter

High Time

In Like Flint

Jane Eyre

Khartoum

Lost Horizon

Major Dundee

Man From Laramie

Man In the Dark 3D

Mindwarp

Nicholas and Alexandra

The Other

Pal Joey

Philadelphia

Pony Soldier

he Rains of Rachinpur

Resurrected

Rita Sue and Bob

Roots of Heaven

Sexy Beast

Sleepless in Seattle

Song of Bernadette

Sound and the Fury

Swamp Water

The Way We Were

Zulu

It looks like the site continues to be tweaked so I;ll throw out a couple wants.

Is 20 per page the max the can/will be displayed, I'd love to see this bumped up as an option to 50/100/ possibly all. I notice a lot of sites now limit the number of items page page to 10 or 20 (drives me crazy with skimming Amazon). B&N new redesign dropped it's max from 90 to 40 so I'm not sure if it's a coding thing or due to smartphone/tablet

I'd also love an option to see it displayed more as a list or with a smaller thumbnail with a short name/description beside it rather than just a Cover Shot.

Maybe a button or menu item to get to the wishlist directly? A selection to rearrange the Wishlist either alphabetically/date released rather than only in the order added to the list.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Thank you for the wonderful films you have released on blu ray. I don't have a huge movie budget these days but have these so far from your collection:

Used Cars

Solomon and Sheba

Two Rode Together

The Man From Laramie

Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation

Please continue releasing these wonderful catalog titles!

Thanks for the information about your new site and I hope it leads to more exposure from the outside world.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I just bought the pre-order bundle with a free copy of Fright Night. A very nice gift, and a great looking website. Checkout was very simple.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. My account is all set up and ready for the August pre-orders (I believe on July 25th) when I'll be ordering up Summer Lovers (1982) and Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (1967).

May also consider A Midsummer Nights Sex Comedy and The World of Henry Orient.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I received my shipping notice today (for the 5 + Fright Night offer). Package is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Possibly not the best thread but I think The Hot Rock would be a great title for TT if they are interested in it or if FOX would let them release it to blu.

I've watched my DVD a lot, should look decent in HD.

Attachments

• hot_rock.jpg
    hot_rock.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 65

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Kyrsten Brad said:
Brad here. My account is all set up and ready for the August pre-orders (I believe on July 25th) when I'll be ordering up Summer Lovers (1982) and Guess Who's Coming To Dinner (1967).

May also consider A Midsummer Nights Sex Comedy and The World of Henry Orient.
According to the site pre orders start on: Wednesday, July 29th at 4 pm EST

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks