What's new

Press Release Scream Factory Press Release: The Vampire Lovers (1970) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
19AB9847-AFFD-46C4-95C8-99A4827C6853.jpeg

You can never have enough Hammer Films —especially the classics. And that’s why we’re proud to sink our fangs in again into THE VAMPIRE LOVERS this winter to improve greatly upon our barebones Blu-ray release from 2013. Early details we have:

• National street date for North America (Region A) is Dec 21st.
• This will be branded as a “Collector’s Edition” and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.
• The newly commissioned artwork pictured comes to us from artist Mark Maddox. This art will be front-facing, and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original theatrical artwork.
• Extras will be announced on a later date, but we can confirm today that there will be a lot of them to justify the double-dip including a brand-new upgraded HD transfer of the film!

Pre-orders on our site begin today which includes the Blu-ray plus a rolled 18” x 24” poster of the new art. The poster is exclusive to us and will be made at a limited run of 700 pieces: https://www.shoutfactory.com/.../the-vampire-lovers...

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
For me this is a No Brainer ! ;) New HD Transfer, New Artwork, Slipcase, and More Extras ! :banana: My 2013 Bluray is Finally getting a well deserved Upgrade ! :D
DSC00459.JPG
DSC00460.JPG

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I Got the New Restored Bluray today. PQ is Much Better than the 2013 Bluray (Above) At 32:00 the scene where Ingrid is getting up from the bath is edited, and we see Madeline Smith holding the towel. ? :confused: :( Why ?? Is this an Error ? The 2013 had the Full Scene. The Bonus section has a Deleted Scene that is the head cutting scene just before the opening titles. This is in the Movie, it's Not a Deleted Scene. ? Will their be a Replacement Disc for this release ?? Anyway, I sent an Email to Shout Factory.
DSC00482.JPG

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I Got the New Restored Bluray today. PQ is Much Better than the 2013 Bluray (Above) At 32:00 the scene where Ingrid is getting up from the bath is edited, and we see Madeline Smith holding the towel. ? :confused: :( Why ?? Is this an Error ? The 2013 had the Full Scene. The Bonus section has a Deleted Scene that is the head cutting scene just before the opening titles. This is in the Movie, it's Not a Deleted Scene. ? Will their be a Replacement Disc for this release ?? Anyway, I sent an Email to Shout Factory. View attachment 121996
Scream Factory acknowledged the error and is working on a replacement disc. Good catch.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I just got a Quick answer from Shout. :) ....... We are aware of the issue. Once we have more info we will release an advisement.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Guess I'll wait to pick this up until the corrected disc is being shipped. Thanks for the info, guys!
I haven't picked it up yet either since I owned it on VHS and Laserdisc and still own the DVD and previous blu ray. I do plan on picking it up but I will wait too.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Scream Factory acknowledged the error and is working on a replacement disc. Good catch.
Another error that it seems could have been caught by someone, you know, watching the film before they sent it out.

Always amazed by these companies that seem more willing to spend the time and money pressing replacement discs and mailing them out, rather than practicing some simple QC before they're in the hands of customers.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I Got the New Restored Bluray today. PQ is Much Better than the 2013 Bluray (Above) At 32:00 the scene where Ingrid is getting up from the bath is edited, and we see Madeline Smith holding the towel. ? :confused: :( Why ?? Is this an Error ? The 2013 had the Full Scene. The Bonus section has a Deleted Scene that is the head cutting scene just before the opening titles. This is in the Movie, it's Not a Deleted Scene. ? Will their be a Replacement Disc for this release ?? Anyway, I sent an Email to Shout Factory. View attachment 121996
The Deleted scene has a extra shot of the Head falling to the ground. I just noticed this comparing it to the scene in the movie. My error. Also the uncut shot of the Bath scene is shown in the Bonus.... Resurrecting The Vampire Lovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks