What's new

Anchor Bay's Dawn Of The Dead 4-Disc Set (1 Viewer)

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Yikes, 6 hours on mapquest!

I think it's so weird to see such a normal everyday mall website. I could never truly picture that mall as a regular mall, it'll always be a zombie mall to me

Mike

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor

Yep, me too. My brand new Pioneer machine won't play these two galleries, yet my Panasonic DVD recorder will. But it's a small complaint about a magnificent set.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Quick question, I opened my set to find the little piece in the middle of the plastic that holds the disk is broken in my Documentaries Disk. Right now i just have that disk in a paper cd holder, but I was wondering how fan friendly Anchor Bay is, and if I were to send an email and a proof of purchase to the right individual if I could get myself a brand new box so I could house my dvd's the way they were meant to be. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, thanks

Mike

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Did you order it online?

If you bought it at a store just return it and exchange it. I do this all the time if the case is broken inside.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Well Im staring at the receipt and its from a Best Buy purchase less than a week ago...if you think it's worth it I'm heading back up there to buy the R2D2 mockumentary b/c apparently some trilogy is being thrown in for free ;) on tuesday, so i'll bring my old receipt and my DotD box set up there with me. Hopefully they'll happily exchange it!

Mike

MikeDE

Second Unit
Monroeville Mall has already changed from the "tour" on the disc. A new building is being constructed in the front parking lot, and of course the stores come and go. Still, this extra is fun, and I'll look for some of the spots next time I'm up there (and probably do a zombie walk up that escalator).

Mike

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I picked up mine up the day it came out and got both too. I'd imagine that the comic is a limited edition type of thing (in the sense that once their supply is exhausted, that's it) but it's weird that the booklet was missing.

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
Both are pictured on the info sheet stuck to the back, so I'm assuming it's a standard deal. I've emailed Anchor Bay and hopefully they'll get back to me about it. I can go without the comic book, but seeing as once the info sheet on the back of the box is removed, there's no indication of what features are on which disc (or rather, even a list of features).

Anyway, hopefully AB will rectify it. That being said, at under $25 brand new, it was too good to pass up.

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
Weird. (How this thread has popped back up.) I JUST bought this set 2 days ago, and I love it. The image is really astounding. And i just love the film, one of my all time favorites. And yes, my copy came with the normal insert and comic book.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I bought the set a year ago and believe it or not, I never even noticed the insert & comic book (or if I did, I had forgotten about it), but yeah my set has one too. For the folks that are missing it from their sets, is just an empty pocket where Romero's signature is?

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I was wondering if this release was OOP. None of my local Best Buys or Circuit Citys have it in stock lately. I guess I will have to buy it on-line.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Where are you finding it for under $25. The best price online I could find was $29 and change from Deep Discount DVD

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
amazon had it at $24.something. it'd been in my cart saved for later for ages, and i couldn't pass it up at that point.

in response to the post a few posts up, yup - just an empty pocked with the romero sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks