What's new

Anchor Bay's Dawn Of The Dead 4-Disc Set (1 Viewer)

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I actually find better sales at circuit city in my opinion, I'll probably stop at best buy on saturday when I get my paycheck to get Dawn of the Dead. Clerks X and Jason X can hold me over for the week, it's a school week after all :D

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I work at Circuit City and the "Dawn of the Dead" ultimate edition is in the system as something we carry, but we recieved no copies and we have no copies being sent to us at this time.

Haden

Supporting Actor
That's funny, given that it was advertised in Sunday's Circuit City newspaper ad. CC does that all the time... fails to get in new DVDs on their release date while other stores get them, and therefore CC loses out on sales. Their distributor really sucks. And sometimes it isn't even a problem with getting in late shipments... they just neglect to stock the shelves with the new product on its release date and keep it sitting in the back for a few days until the employees get around to doing their job. Best Buy has done that sometimes too.... last week I had to ask them to go in the back and get the Criterion Videodrome for me since it wasn't on the shelves, but I shouldn't have to go to the trouble of having a store clerk check the computer to see if they have a new DVD in stock in the back.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter

Circuit City has been annoying me in terms of new releases lately period. They didn't get any copies of Bjork's new album "Medulla" on release day. Then yesterday, not only did they not have "Dawn of the Dead," but they also didn't have the third season of "Will & Grace." If Circuit City wants to get off their butts and get product in then they'll possibly have my business back, but from now on I'm heading straight to Best Buy for stuff I want on release day.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Shit, you mean mine was missing this? Is there a way to get this from Anchor Bay?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

I heard a rumored date of sometime in November. I haven't asked Lions Gate about it but will the next time I'm talking with them.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Again I ask.... is there a comprehensive list of all the specific differences with each cut of the film? I've searched several sites online and all I ever find is just a brief summary of each version that explains its run time and the overall difference in tone. But I'd like to see a detailed listing of every different scene or music change in each of the versions. Surely some obsessed fan has compiled a list out there... but none of the Dawn of the Dead fan sites I've found seem to have such a list. IMDB's alternate versions page doesn't go into much detail either.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor

I don't think a list exists. I know all the differences, but only because I've seen the theatrical and extended a bunch of times, and when I watched the european I just noticed all of them myself. Your best bet is to just watch and observe.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Another good listing is in the Video Watchdog comparisons of the old laserdisc releases. I believe it's in issue 38.

Anthony Clifton

Stunt Coordinator
I wasn't very impressed by this movie. I bought the UE blind. I really think NotLD is one of the best horror flicks I've ever seen so I had high hopes. I was disappointed. I "got" the whole premise of consumerism gone amuck, etc. etc. -- I just felt that there was so much promise and too little payoff.

I haven't watched Day of the Dead yet. I'm hoping I'll enjoy it more than Dawn. After seeing Dawn, I read a review at filmfreakcentral and the reviewer (Walter Chaw) more or less summed up my thoughts on the film. I particularly agreed with this line:
However, he gave Day four stars so I'm still looking forward to watching that one.

Still, it's nice to see that fans of a non-mainstream title like this get a definitive package to enjoy. :emoji_thumbsup:

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I found DAY to be a huge mistake. I'll have to rewatch it again. It's got all of the social commentary present in all 3 films, but it's missing some other factors that made Dawn and Night so amazing.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Roger Avary's commentary on DAY is hilarious & I see a lot of my own attitudes regarding film in his comments but every time he points out how DAY is better than NIGHT or DAWN I see the reasons why it isn't. Differing opinions make the world go round' I guess. :)

MikeDE

Second Unit
I was on the fence about getting this, but was at the Best Buy at Monroeville Mall...so figured, what the hey..:)

Mike

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Probably an easy question for fanatics, what city and town is Monroeville Mall in? Just curious if i should take the pilgrimage to mecca per say (Love the movie, have a new car, need to take a road trip...)

Mike

Real Name
Michael Shisler
Mike, Monroeville is just out-side of Pittsburgh. I have not been to the Monroeville Mall for about 10 years or so, should probably make a trip up there again some time .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks