What's new

Anamorphic transfers of Vertigo and Psycho! See post #54 about new boxset. (1 Viewer)

Simon Caleb

Stunt Coordinator
I reported this to Tim Lucas, who kindly published it on his blog. It's great to see it spread like wildfire. And I hope someone at Universal will do something about a restoration.

I'm reliably informed the original UK cinema print, 80's UK TV broadcasts and pre cert video were indeed the same longer pre US censor version too. As was the original German VHS.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I remember as a child watching "VERTIGO" for the first time on NBC SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES, back in the mid sixties. There was a scene of SCOTTIE following MADELINE in the car driving on LOMBARD STREET in SFO. I have not
observed that scene in the film since, I saw the film on NBC. What was so vivid in my memory was the way the street curved. Does anyone else have a similar recollection about that particular scene ?? This film struck in my mind from a child and has been my favorite film since seeing that first time. And I have not seen that seen since.....
Thanks,

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Maybe the restored footage will be on the new, remastered Psycho: 2-Disc Collector's Edition. The new sets look lovely. Can't wait to finally have nice discs of Vertigo and Rear Window, too. I've been holding out for these
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks