What's new

Amusing line from Ebert's review of "Go Tigers!" (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
"Note: The movie has an R rating because its high school kids talk and drink beer exactly like high school kids."
I'm anxiously awaiting the day when Ebert starts attacking Jack Valenti personally.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I'm afraid I don't agree with Roger on this one. Just because they do it doesn't mean we should condone it.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I don't know that he's condoning it. I've seen the film, and it is certainly a "light" R. I know the frequent argument is that what is said or shown is experienced by teens anyways, but it is ever so true in this film. An R rating for Go Tigers! and an R rating for Basic Instinct (an extreme example, I'll admit) are befuddling.
As for the film, it's good, not great. I already knew Massillon was insane about high school football.
------------------
Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
Most recent reviews: Mississippi Mermaid, Un Flic, How to Get Ahead in Advertising: The Criterion Collection, WarGames, Open Your Eyes, Waiting for Guffman, Maelstrom
Most recent column: Panning P&S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks