What's new

American PS2 in Europe (1 Viewer)

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
Hello all,

I'm planning to buy a PS2 here in the US and bring it back to Norway with me. The problem is that in Norway the voltage is 220v and I assume the PS2 is made to work with 110v here.
IS there a transformer or switch available that I could get to make the PS2 work in Europe? And what about games? Can I play the games they sell in Europe?
Thanks!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
IS there a transformer or switch available that I could get to make the PS2 work in Europe? And what about games? Can I play the games they sell in Europe?
You'll have no problem picking up a simple voltage converter for the power problem. I used a $15 "travel adaptor" for my US Dreamcast in the UK without any problems. You'll have to ensure the TV you use handles NTSC, but most modern European TVs do without any real problems.

The big problem is games. US games are one region, European games are another. European games will not run on a stock US PS2. Regular shops do not sell US games - you'll have to rely on importing them yourself or paying through the nose & using a European import place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks